Accepted Remove / Fix ttt_Metropolis ground exploit

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Hongo, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Who else is tired of people using shitty Source prop physics to fly down to the ground on this map, and just camp there until they either die, team up on the traitor trying to shoot down at them, or the round to end by time?

Because, I am. It's fucking annoying, how EVERY round the SAME people use the fucking lamp post, or use the prop exploit to land on the ground and go hide behind the buildings in the corners where they're not supposed to be, and delay the round.

Could we PLEASE add a kill-zone to the ground so people can't land down there, or just remove the map? Because every time we go here, every single round is delay because of this stupid shit

• Dumb x 9
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. I would think it's obvious that is a large part of the reason why the map is voted for sooooooo.....

And no it's fun. They are sitting ducks down there anyway. If you can't make that shot you might want to consider finding a different game to play.

also you could grab a prop and join them. you might think differently after corrupting yourself with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

mad bc bad

mad bc cant go down there

we dont even go behind buildings where you cant see us we stay out in the open

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. lol right on. and it doesn't even take skill now. I thought it did before @Sweer showed the magic of prop riding. There is literally nothing to it and it can be used soooo many places, not just on metro.

5. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Well first off I dont think its a consistent thing that happens. 500 hours in this seever and I have seen this happen 4 times I think.

It is a problem though. Not just bc its delaying the round but bc the spot shouldnt be allowed, which iirc the spot is actually allowed. Its a bug within the game. You shouldnt be allowed to do that and live.

+1

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. i dunno. looking at the way the magneto functions its not that far out...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Hongo

Hongo VIP

You literally went into the back corner with 3 other people every round the last time we were there, so, no.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Idgaf about the ground thing, but metropolis is kind of a shitty map. The layout makes it a chore to go from one part of the map to the other and it was built for long range combat, alienating anyone who doesn't use snipers on the regular.+1

10. jshore

jshore VIP

wahhhh remove this map because i'm awful at the game wahhhh :drowning:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. You can just add a trigger_multiple or a trigger_kill near the ground of the map, but that would ruin the fun, wouldn't it? :sleep:

12. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

oh so we're just lying now huh?

we didnt do that at all because for 3 rounds we were trying to test a broken skin and what would happen when we did certain things with it but i got detective 2 times in a row and it wouldnt work

13. Dargar

Dargar VIP Bronze

I mean most the time we are on the ground we are just messing around and killing each other.....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Since nobody wants to remove it, I've just started going down to the bottom and running around the outskirts of the map until the round ends by T's running out of time, to prove a point that this is broken as fuck and the traitors on the top can't kill whoever is down there effectively and therefore should be fixed.

But no, the majority of you would rather have it be a popularity contest to see who can get down to the area that is not intended for play.

To clarify, since one of you mungs are going to use that against me up there, No I was not delaying on purpose. I'd shoot back at the traitors who were trying to kill me, but since the angle they had on me was bad every time, they could not kill me before I returned to cover behind another building.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

I'm confused as to why you've created this thread, as you do the same exact thing and have spent time chilling at the bottom of the map as well

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Refer to my most recent post in this thread. I go down there to show people how stupid it is, because the traitors up top who don't know how to get down literally can't do it, unless they're told how.

17. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

I don't see how engaging in the same behavior that you're upset about proves anything, but to each his own I suppose

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Hongo

Hongo VIP

I don't see how it doesn't. I go down there to illustrate how bad it is for gameplay. I have an absolute advantage over the last traitors who are trying to kill me, as they all try to shoot at me from up top, all I have to do is wait for them to come down to me and, if they survive the jump, I can kill them immediately while they're either coming down with props, or while they're dropping down.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  19. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

If it can be reached without prop surfing, it's part of the map. Which the bottom can be, so it is.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.