Remove "Crowbar fighting" from RDM clarifications

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Aquast, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

Title. Crowbar fighting isn't RDM itself if you have valid reasons to do so
    For example if an innocent has been called as a traitor, and another innocent starts crowbaring him because of that, followed by being crowbared back - would that be RDM?

Nah

There's no reason for "crowbar fighting" to be clarified as RDM when there's already "randomly damaging or killing other players" for situations such as damaging someone with crowbar as a warning, which is what some people tend to do.

• Like x 3
    • Dumb x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Well I'm pretty sure in that scenario none of it would be rdm, can you give evidence of that happening? If someone is kos's and they defend themselves against someone who is following a kos.. Thats not rdm?

What you're really saying is RDM isn't RDM if you have a valid reason, crowbarring isn't specific to that. I agree sometimes you have a valid reason and still get slain and it sucks, but not sure that works here.

• Confusing Confusing x 3
  3. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

I believe the ruling is there, to make players aware that compared to other servers, Agreeing on a crowbar fight is considered RDM if none of the players comitted a T act before the Crowbar fight was Initiated.
    If the sentence wasnt there, newer players might think that Crowbar fighting is allowed, and not seen as random, since they agreed on it.

Just like below "even if you allow someone to kill you, its still RDM"

Those 2 lines are there to clarify to players, that theses 2 things are seen as Random damage, even if the 2 involed made an agreement o.o

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

What are you talking bout? If you have a valid reson to attack a player, you don't get slain

5. Yeah I just realized that I completely misread that, would have helped if the grammar was a bit better but c'est la vie

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Reda-Lex

Reda-Lex sup, China ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)/ Administrator VIP

+1, it might confuse a lot of new player, it should be removed or changed -> "Crowbar fighting without a valid reason" or something like that.

7. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I had a think about it. I think having it is good, but the current wording makes it sound like RDM to fight with your crowbar, regardless of reason. Some minor addition like Reda mentioned, would be good.
    But I am not in favour of the complete removal, since some servers handle crowbar duels differently. Having it explicitly ruled as RDM is good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

@Voca is correct; that was the original reason for the rule. It's a proactive step in RDM mitigation, rather than a reactive step.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Well, in a perfect world, yes. We haven't seen that yet...

Seems a little confused here. But @Voca is right, this isn't about random attacks, it's stating that a consensual fight with crowbars between two players is not allowed on this server. Stating something different from running up and hitting someone out of the blue, which is just plain RDM.