Rejected Remove certain maps

Discussion in 'Maps' started by avukyi2r3, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

Remove any maps that you guys are saying have "exploit" when they clearly are not exploit like on Aztec. You can't just make up and exploit and punish player for it when a part of the map is easily skipped by merely jumping normaly.

The reasoning for it being an exploit is entirely stupid in the first place. What if the maker intended it to be a secret well then you're told it's not up to the make to decide. Really? I'm really upset right now.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Removing a map for an exploit is not rationale. Apply enough time to something and you will always find errors, gmod maps are no different. Think about this:
    A) Remove map entirely and find a replacement that is 100% exploit proof (Flawless)
    B) Have a mod simply manage the exploit so that players do not exploit it.

And as far as map makers making secrets, It's hard to tell. It's not like the map maker put up a sign saying "SECRET OVER HERE!!!!!!1", so determining a secret from an exploit is hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

can you prove it was intentional I wouldn't think that a map a map maker would make a secret to skip a part of the map making it unfair, plus what this server considers exploting is entirely up to them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. no they shouldnt remove maps, cause the map list starts to feel real short after you play for some time.

5. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

!bring

6. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

I'll be going through the maps that have exploits in them, such as: Crash Medievil whereby the ledge has a high tendency of getting destroyed by obnoxious players, thereby becoming a huge obstacle and an unpleasant experience for newbie players. My own perspective - this kind of obstacle does not tally with the principle of deathrun.
    The fix for that has been completed, but it's not live yet.
    If you sincerely want to help out, pm me the bugs accordingly.
    They are not the up-most priority as of now, but I'll be sure to take a look at them in the near future.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Personally, I don't think the removal of maps with possible exploits is a proper solution in this case.
    It is fairly easy for a moderator to hop on and control the population in avoiding exploits on maps such as on Crash Medieval, and keep it so that it is still enjoyable for everyone else. It's a well loved map, and I know some people who would be sad to see it go.
    Regardless, the best way to determine if something IS an exploit, is to ask yourself: Is it possible to avoid more than one trap by doing this? If you can avoid 2+ traps, it most likely is considered an exploit on DR because it defeats the purpose of the map. Another way, like on GoldFever and Medieval, is to ask yourself if you can kill other players by doing it (in this case, breaking the floor), which would be teamkilling and not acceptable on the server.

Hope this clears some things up.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.