Rejected Remove Autohop or add it as a point shop perk

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by bronjam, Jul 31, 2015.

?

Remove autohop?

1. yes

36.4%
  2. no

63.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bronjam

bronjam VIP

As it stands currently on the server with autohop enabled I find that it is incredibly easy to just chain together bhops really easily with auto hop enabled taking no skill at all. I suggest removing that feature or shifting it to a perk you can purchase with points (if perks are something that can be bought with points in the future).

Bhopping with autohop takes no skill and just makes it SO easy to cheese a map and many of the traps by just building enough speed and then cruising through the map. Hell even on the one map minecraft you can bypass pretty much the whole map if you chain together you're bhops fast enough. With autohop removed it would actually take skill to bhop properly with the speed that myself and many others are able to achieve right now on the server with autohop.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

sorry I'm a nub and i have no idea how to bhop properly, it's hard enough with autobhop on

• Like Like x 2
  3. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

So... You guys complain about not knowing how to bhop, complain about people who actually know how to bhop, then you want to remove the only thing that makes it easier to bhop?

I don't understand at all. You guys make no sense.

Wait, Ravin, why is this post dumb? Care to elaborate? Or do you just get joy out of rating all my posts "dumb".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. bronjam

bronjam VIP

Oh I do know how to bhop. I'm just saying that with this auto hop plugin thingy it just makes it INCREDIBLY easy for skilled bhoppers like myself to cheese traps/finish the map really fast.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Snow

Snow Active Member

No point in removing it, in my opinion it seems like it makes it easier for newer players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think it would be best to make this toggleable so everyone is satisfied

7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

It is toggleable.

8. So why are people complaining? Let others play how they want

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

While I do enjoy bunnyhopping, if it was a perk at say...1000-3000 points, I'd happily play just scroll hopping until I reach the amount of points needed to do this. Not removing it entirely, but making it an earned thing. It's not a "skill" if you can autohop your shit around the map by just holding a button and pressing A & D. That's what servers with the Bunnyhop gamemode are for now, although there are servers that enforce legit (and by legit I mean scroll hopping/being a spacebar warrior)

+1 overall, as it improves better gameplay habits. Not to mention, will make it more fun overall if you actually take the time to learn rather than take the crutch of a plugin/feature.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.