Rejected Removal of speed boost.

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by Cirtex, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

So I've played the death run server... Once. That's mainly because I was instantly detoured by some guy trailblazing the map. Heading at least 300 Hammer Units a second! My first round was as death. When the guy took off and blew through the first trap I barley had time to react to get to a trap ahead of him. By that time the actual group was 7 traps deep into the map. Then when I played as a runner and the guy took off again. I felt.. Slow. It's death run not sprinting simulator! Traps flew to activate as he soared through the map. Leaving us a paved path. But by that time he had already gotten to the end and challenged the Death. Every other runner didn't even get a chance. I adore the TTT servers and I had hoped to find a balanced experience for my first death run EVER. Instead I was greeted by Rocket Man doing everything for everyone else and taking the fun out its good portion of what I thought death run was suppose to be! If I hear the speed thing for runners is going to be removed I will DEFINETLY come back but in short here is an outsiders first experience of a SG Deathrun Server:

Player joins the game and gets death as his first game. Nice! Prepared to trigger the first trap and get at least a few players. Gates open and a player flys out of the gate at Mach 5 bunny hopping his way out running the first trap and flying through the next. He ran through the traps trying to get ahead of the Flash wanna be, eventually gets him with a trap. He runs back to the group to find them 7 traps deep and moving through the next. Game goes on as normal

Next game: spawned as a runner. Slightly worried about the speed demon but ignores it. Gates open and guy flys out and gets the deaths to trigger every trap in his wake. Every other runner is provided with no challenge and no game to play. The guy get to the deaths and challanges them within miniutes. This repeats several times.

The player gets borde of being out matched several times by a guy who either: A bought this through micro transactions, or spent points he gained by playing on the server. He leaves the server to write a forum.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

do you mean bhopping?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

No. A speed additive. And he was moving at sonic levels of speed. Not kidding,

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

?

5. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

The last time I joined a Serious GMod Deathrun server there was a player who had purchased an increase to his speed through a pointshop I beleive

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Valedict

Valedict VIP

This does not exist.

Also, the "speed boost", what you're referring to is Bhopping.
    When you Bhop, you jump in a way so that when you land, you immediately jump, thus retaining your air momentum.
    Now, this combined with air strafing, (which is the action where you move your mouse left to right (or in different ways), while also pressing your a and d keys when moving in the direction you are turning) you can keep going faster, increasing and retaining your momentum through Bhopping.

There is a thread on the forums in which there are people who can teach you how to Bhop (not sure if it is still alive), or you can browse the web for text or video instruction.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

Last time I joined (which was about 6 months ago) a guy flew threw the map at EXTREAM speeds.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

Unless the player was speed hacking, chances are they were just bhopping. It's rather simple to do as autohop is enabled by default for all.

Runners sprint speed is 300 and death's sprint speed is 650 (or somewhere around there). That's without factoring in the additional increased speed deaths get from most maps. With the increased death speed, I can't really think of a map where the death can't catch up unless they didn't realize the runner got ahead or somehow the runner got a significant head start.

In Gmod you can press shift to sprint by default. Additionally, there's no speed boost in the point shop and there never has been.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Zombina

Zombina VIP

Idk about disallowing BHopping, but that was my first experience as well. There's really no way for a person new to Deathrun to do well. It just immediately turned me off to Deathrun and I haven't gone back.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.