Removal of Map Lazertag

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Peanut_Trader, Jul 8, 2016.

?

Would you like to see this map removed?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. no

36 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

I've seen it happen plenty of times whenever I staff and I am on that map. We have far too much fun so I know it definitely happens. I have been witness to it plenty of times. I know I have seen more players working together and having fun then I have seen them frustrated but that's just me and I can't speak on behalf of everyone else.

Honestly it isn't a huge disadvantage if you don't work together. Be your own team if you have to. I have seen Innos 1v3 it and win because they use different means of baiting the traitor out and killing them.

Just because this calls for a new play style doesn't mean we need to get rid of it. If anything it keeps things interesting.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Well my reasoning is based on the fact that I rarely see it happen but I'm sure you've played the map more times than I have so fair enough on that.

However, what about the average player/non-regular? Not everyone is going to be able to team up the other members to catch the traitors and it seems harsh for a player to be at that much of a disadvantage for not doing so.

The issue isn't that I'm against the introduction of a new style of play, the issue is that you're forced to use this style or else be put at a huge disadvantage. And of course there are going to be players that will overcome them and win 1v3 situations but the odds of them overcoming it are way lower than that of a normal map. And even if they do, it doesn't change the fact that they were at a huge disadvantage in the first place. [A 1v3 on a map where you can barely see? It's practically impossible on a normal map much less for one like this.]

Innocents already have it tough as is, but do we need to create another obstacle, especially something like poor visibility for them to overcome? The layout of the map is not bad but would an increase in brightness, even it was small, be a bad thing? Therefore still having an element of darkness but not being too overpowering. If a re-arm is in the works why not a small increase in brightness while we're at it?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

I've honestly seen it quite a bit from non regular/average players if I am going to be honest. I know a lot of regulars just like to play around so I would say this is somewhat accurate for the average player base from my experiences.

I don't really see it as much as a huge disadvantage as you do because I will admit I have seen people play like they would a normal map and not have it be a problem at all. And is it really all that bad to have this map as it is? This is one map in a plethora of others included in the rotation. In the grand scheme of things does it matter all that much? I personally don't think that innocents are put at that much of a disadvantage as you claim them to be. And even so, this map is the way it is for a reason. We are to be emulating that of Lazer tag. Do they change the brightness IRL for people so they can see? No. I feel an increased brightness will possibly ruin the actual vibes of the map. And in my opinion the vibes are what make this map great! Either way I guess that is something that could be voted on in the end. See what the majority of people think.

In my personal opinion however, I think the map should stay how it is in regards to brightness and of course have more gun spawn added in which was mentioned previously by someone else.

4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I just think about the usual path of credits for traitors. Usually it will start with armor or a radar or both. We end the path here, because the darkness is now useless for innos, this also removes your plan of grouping up together and hiding, otherwise, we can continue with buying armor waiting till we get another credit, buying a radar, or buying something like a harpoon or other T weapon. We can continue with the game is winding down he innos are dwindling you either have a bunch if credits or you don't, either way you need to find the innocents, so you buy a radar, maybe plant a c4 here or there.

Now let me give you the innocents route, according to your game strategy, we group up (possibily with a T around in there) or we hide in a corner waiting for a T to be called out, or do something traitorous. Now an idea would be to set up a unid'ed and set a "trap" of sorts, and get t's that way. But this makes the det's path harder as they are not allowed to do it. I think this map needs some reconsideration as at the moment every time I've seen it it has been quite T sided.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. BOX

BOX VIP

The error for this map occurred as soon as I threw a Frag inside the elevator where there is a drop. The nade bounced around and it caused an error right after.

None of this was intentional, we were simply messing around the elevator room and I threw a Frag down there because of a joke, which then crashed our game. I am confident the server was packed, because when I returned there was merely about 5-7 players on. I do apologize for ruining the game for anyone that was on, but from what I would recommend, I would suggest closing that elevator door or just removing the Frag I guess?

Mainly because the map is some sort of fun. I mean, it isn't my favorite map but I enjoyed it and wouldn't want it removed. If the map could be removed until further notice and somehow fixed, I would prefer that over it being removed.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

There are many rare occurances that can cause server crashes, some of them include bodies, props, weapons and or grenades breaking things and or freaking out. There could be a variety of reasons the server crashed but judging by the timing as mentioned above, it would seem likely it freaked out via the grenade, however situations such as the one occured can quite easily happen one time then not happen again for a while even if you try to replicate it. If the crash was easy to repeat and worked 100% or even over 50% of the time then that'd be a deal or no deal for the map so I guess we will see.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

±0
    I like the map but I don't care if it's removed or not. Replace it with alps for pete's sake.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

This map is horrible for innos and doesn't require Traitors to have any skill pretty much. Every single time I've played this map I placed a death station in one of the corner and walked around and killed every single person I saw and if I got shot I went back and healed. I usually do this on every map but it's by far easier on this map because of all the corners. If I come around the corner and put 4 shots in someone's head even if there's multiple people you can usually just spray people down.

I couldn't care less if it's removed or not though I just don't like this map because it's impossible to do anything fun on it other than being traitor.

• Agree Agree x 1