Re-worded: Make GBA like it once was

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Juice Juice™, Jun 18, 2017.

?

Do you want to be able to kill people on 95% certainty?

1. Yes

5.3%
  2. No

94.7%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

For the longest time, people where allowed to use just a little bit of logic. If you were shot from behind with a shotgun, you were allowed to turn around and kill the person standing directly behind you will a shotgun. Yes, sometimes that results in an inno being killed, but not only is this always going to happen, but you are punishing players for defending themselves, and leaving them completely helpless to back attacks. That is just not fun gameplay. We have been doing it the other way for an extremely long time, and making a non-competitive game as strict as possible does not promote fun gameplay. Some leniency needs to be applied.

I am going to list of multiple scenarios in which you will be slain if you kill the person because of the 100% policy, and if you could take the time to explain why you think a person should be slain for each one, not because of the rules, but because it somehow makes the game better for everyone, please do. In each scenario, the person you shot is the person that shot you, or committed the T-act.

1. You are in the downstairs of the Minecraft Lighthouse testing area with another person. You go upstairs and stand at the top of the ladder for 3 minutes. You then go back downstairs and find that same person surrounded by 7 armed c4. It is RDM to shoot that person.

2. You are standing in the spawn of Community pool. Someone you didn't see before stands up in the hedges and walks away. A second later, a tripmine clicks on in that exact spot. It is RDM to shoot that person.

3. You are standing in the detective room alone with a non-detective. You are facing the wall when you get shot from behind. It is RDM to kill that person.

4. You are walking along the hallway in hotel when someone shoots you almost point blank from behind. You can even see the shotgun animation play from the corner of your screen . It is RDM to shoot the person standing directly behind you.

5. You are climbing up the ladder in the vent on Dolls when someone shoots you from below. You look down and kill the person standing in the corner. This is RDM.

I could go on, but I hope you realize the point. We used to be able to use GBA to justify these kills, but now the logic is "That person could have been looking down, up, or at a wall" and it is therefor RDM unless you see can see the GBA'd person's line of sight at the time of the T-act. Yes, this makes it easier to be a traitor. This even makes it more fun to be a traitor, because you get easier kills. But I want to hear anyone argue how this makes it more fun for an Inno.

Here are some things that are common sense, but now RDM because technically, you cannot be 100% certain that they did it. Either because of audio/graphical glitches, someone teleporting, hiding in that tiny niche that takes several seconds to get in and out of, or just because of reasons. I already know this is going to be downvoted dumb to hell, but hey. I like the smallest amount of logic to be available to me in my games. Maybe at least one member of staff will think what I am describing is kinda stupid. Are the situations I described ridiculous and unlikely? For sure! But I am trying to drive the point home on how, just because it technically isn't 100% certainty, doesn't mean it should be disallowed.
    1. If you are in a room with every door closed and every window blocked ,without any possible person able to damage you from outside that room barring c4, a person can shoot you from behind, and it is RDM to turn around and shoot them.
    You could be standing in the D room on Highway with a single non-detective, facing the wall, standing in the corner with no line-of-sight to eitehr doors, when you get shot from behind. You immediately turn around and shoot. However, this is RDM because a detective could have entered the room, shot you, then immediately ducked out, or the person opened the door, someone ran in, shot you, then somehow got out before you turned around or the door closed.
    2. If you see someone turning and walking away from a tripmine in an empty hallway, and you watch the light turn on and hear the activation click, it is RDM to kill them. This could also be applied to the literal middle of a giant, vacant room, because "It is not KOSable to be near or around T-equipment".
    To give you a very specific scenario, imagine the downstairs T-tester room in Minecraft lighthouse. You are standing there with someone and you climb up the ladder. About a minute or two later of standing at the top of the ladder, you go back down to find the same person now surrounded by literally a dozen C4s. It is now RDM to kill that person, because someone might have jumped down behind you while you climbed up the ladder, that person might have turned to face a corner while all 12 C4, then they might have broken the T-trap in there and fallen away or teleported out, and at that exact moment the person standing with you turned back around.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 12
  2. Juice Juice™

And if they are wrong? Slay them. That is how it has always been done and there has been no problem with that method until now.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
  3. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. VIP

Do you realize how frustrating this will be for new players? They'll have zero idea why they were killed. Our rules make sense, they have for almost 4 years.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

What? No lol. You can literally just RDM anyone and say "Sorry, it was obvious"

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Juice Juice™

Except it's not :/ I have no idea what you are referring to, because until fairly recently, if you shot the person who shot you, even if it was technically a guess, you wouldn't be slain and you were allowed to kill for t-equipment.
    That's not what I said. At all.

6. Juice Juice™

I am arguing the new changes to the strictness of our rules and saying we should go back a few months to how they were enforced then.

7. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

From the way you are explaining these rules, it doesn't even seem like you have a firm grasp on our current ones. I suggest reading the extended rules a couple times so you can get a better grasp on them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Dolph1n

If you "guess" as to who shot you, you will be slain for a suspicion-based kill.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Juice Juice™

So in the scenarios I described, we shouldn't be allowed to kill them?

10. Dolph1n

If you're in a 1-way room with only one other person and you get shot, you can kill everyone in that room for GBA.

If you see someone walking away from a tripwire, you can light them up, as well as anyone else who sees it and doesn't shoot the tripwire or the person who walked away from it.

11. Juice Juice™

Nope. You have to be 100% certain they saw the GBA. Here is a related report. Because you don't know the direction they were facing, you can't be sure they were a witness to the shooting.

Going to tag @Chastity4lyfe for this one, who slayed Tay for doing just that.

12. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

[​IMG]

13. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

Just saying, your 'evidence' for each scenario doesn't actually match the scenario. 1) You don't have 'all doors blocked' if there's a detective entry panel. 2) Your scenario is one where you have an area locked down, whereas the 'evidence' clearly does not.

14. Juice Juice™

Yes yes, but please describe how you slayed Tay for killing someone who walked away from a Tripmine that they just activated. Meaning, Tay saw the person standing next to the tripmine as the light went on and the sound clicked

15. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Actually - he wasn't in the room, didn't see it placed, and you didn't see the report or his response. My slay was valid and I'm not going to discuss this on a suggestion forum.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Juice Juice™

Then will you at least say yes or no to the following: A person kills someone for standing beside a tripmine that just activated, Meaning, you saw them standing next to the tripmine as the light went on and the sound clicked. It is considered RDM

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Gonco

Gonco white knight VIP

18. Squidd

Squidd VIP

No.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

what?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. CorallocinB