Re-Inventing The server (Idea)

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Mar 9, 2017.

?

Does this system appeal to you at all?

1. Yes, But the Castle-Wars thing is stupid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, Especially Castle-Wars

12.5%
  3. Indifference is me.

31.3%
  4. No, I don't like any of it.

12.5%
  5. No, but I want more minigames

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes, but Alter Castle-Wars

12.5%
  7. Sounds interesting.

31.3%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

This is a silly idea in a way, but one that I think might be fun if we can manage it.
    1. Basically, add a whole bunch of minigames that pay a second kind of currency. I'll leave ideas for the minigames to more capable hands.
    2. Fix the survival economy. We already have suggestions to this, and I hope it happens soon, but add a sort of conversion factor between the two currencies, with the survival currency having much more value, so that minigames don't ruin the survival economy again.
    3. Add a Castle-War sort of game, where players are given plots of land to build upon, and where blocks, gear, and mobs can be purchased with this second kind of currency. These plots would then be shifted/teleported so that players can wage war against each other. This, of course, could be replaced with any number of things, just as long as it was something people can make an objective out of.

While it might be difficult to program, it should be able to be done without mods, and would provide players with significantly more endgame content, without sacrificing server integrity, interfering with survival, or altering player's playstyles if they didn't want to participate. And people who love PvP, especially competitively, would likely find this especially fun.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

egg wars

3. Juice Juice™

4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

There does need to be some kind of event system however to keep players entertained. Whether it be something similar to your Castle Wars idea or even Factions. I wouldn't even mind some Survival-world incentives for some of the existing mini-games such as Spleef.

I 100% agree on the Market economy however. Here's some of the ideas I have after reading through a lot of the community suggestions (Especially @Graze )

1. I understand why devs/higher ups have been hesitant and said this wasn't going to happen. However I think it's clear that either 1) We need a balance reset. Or 2) We need to come up with a way for other players to catch up.
    2. The jobs system needs to be fixed. This could be incredibly valuable in the sense that you're actually getting users on the server, mining, digging, enchanting, etc, rather than just building these massive money farms.
    3. Remove selling items from the market. Move this to a community chest system others have been suggesting. This would actually encourage people to build closer together and participate with one another rather than locking themselves in to their bases and hiding. PvP is now disabled during a day so there is no fear in leaving your house to visit these chests.
    4. Fix some of the current bugs, such as using market history books and rules books w villagers.
    5. Remove market listings. Lets get players roaming around and finding shops.

5. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

All that I'm going to say is that if there is any time to make large changes to attempt to fix the problems of the server, the sooner they are implemented, the better. The server isn't quite dead yet, and there is something that can be done to get the game back on track, but every day we go without doing something is an opportunity lost to save the server.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. IAmRelapse

IAmRelapse Active Member

Where are the devs anyway? Its been a week since i've joined in the "suggestions train" and for a new server, 1 week is very crucial for new stuff to be added... So as to keep the current playerbase online and probably have more potential to attract more players.

7. Juice Juice™

@irritatingness @Deathbyrussian Is there going to be anything coming up? Nobody seems to have heard from you guys in forever...

Edit: @wink I mean. It's true. Unless I need to amend my statement to no non-staff or dev has heard from them in forever?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1