RDM COUNTS

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by MaxKittens, Jul 12, 2017.

1. MaxKittens

MaxKittens Active Member

How do the admins count the rdm counts. :
    Punishments
    RDM
    • 1st time - Slay*
    • 2nd time - Slay 2 rounds*
    • 3rd time - Ban 24 hours
    • 4+ times - Ban 5 days
      * If you're slain for RDM, you have to stay the whole round or it's considered RDM & leave.
      DO they count it per map, per round, per what?

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Jaysu

Jaysu BAMF VIP

Whole round = From the beginning of the round that you are slain on until the end of the round.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. MaxKittens

MaxKittens Active Member

Just to confirm it is the official policy that it only counts per map @Jaysu ?

4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

per round.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. MaxKittens

MaxKittens Active Member

Can a mod or admin confirm that this is official?

6. Jaysu

Jaysu BAMF VIP

Define "official policy"

7. MaxKittens

MaxKittens Active Member

I was banned for rdm for 24 hours because I commited 3 rdms over the course of three maps is that legal?

8. Good Noodle

Good Noodle VIP Silver

I was told they are supposed to count it over the course of 2 maps, but there are some exceptions.

9. Jaysu

Jaysu BAMF VIP

The moderator has evidence of you RDMing 3 times in his moderating session so he can ban you for RDM x3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rhienor

Rhienor Integrity VIP

If someone RDMs on map one, and then again in map two, the second offence is 2 slays. Because reports only last from the current/previous map, moderators can check if you've committed a second offence in the previous map thereby making it a ban for RDM 3rd offence.

If I don't find a slay in the map previous, I normally start over as it's just easier for everyone. I don't want to leave the server unstaffed. A session is normally two maps but like I stated earlier, if a second offence was last map I would know to ban for the third.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MaxKittens

MaxKittens Active Member

But you said it was per round, and also I have had like 10 rdms with an admin and they don't care, why does Myriad start being super verbatim about it

12. MyriadOfChaos

MyriadOfChaos It was fun.... VIP

The SoL for RDM i have always stuck with is 2 maps with the 2nd map being offense free. Meaning if you rdm on map A, then none on Map B, But do it on Map C, it will be first count again. But rdming again on Map B will restart that meaning you would have to go to Map D with no offenses before it gets wiped clean.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MaxKittens

MaxKittens Active Member

But none of the mods I have ever had ever followed that routine

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. mae

mae angelic VIP Emerald

RDM offenses are counted per round- meaning if you RDM once in round 1 you'll get one slay, RDM once more in round 2 you'll get two slays, RDM again on round 3 you'll be banned for mass RDM.
    Your RDM offenses also stay on you for usually two maps, so if you RDM on let's say round 4 of map 1 you'll get one slay, RDM again on round 3 map 2 you'll get two slays. If you then don't RDM on any of the rounds of map 3 your offenses will be reset, therefore if you RDM on map 4 you'll again get one slay. Though, if you RDM on map 3, it'd be a mass RDM ban. So yes, your ban is justified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. KingAngel

KingAngel The 50 year old 13 year old VIP

no youre going to E-jail

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

Like other have stated most cases we look at current and previous map however id like to add a few notes
    - a 2nd rdm on the same round as 1st will only add 1 slay (2 total) not 3, but a 3rd will be a ban regardless of if same round or not
    - There isnt a set limit on when the 1st no longer counts towards a 2nd, we can still issue 2nd slay punishment on map 3 even if 1st is on map 1 but we don't normally go that far back

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

The way I handle RDM counts is if the person goes a map without RDMing, his RDM count resets. Ex. Person A RDMs once on Inno motel. The next map he does not RDM. The map after that, he RDMs once. That would be one count of RDM since he went a map without RDMing. If Person A RDMs on Innomotel once, then once on the next map, and once on the map after, that would be a Mass RDM ban.

Likewise if a person RDMs 3 or more times on the same map, they will be banned.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Ok, I feel like people are getting confused with this question, some people trying to say how long a slay is while others are saying the limit on slays.

So firstly, a slay is obviously a full round that you sit out until the score shows up to declare the end of the round.

In regards to the chain of punishments however;

1 Valid RDM on round 1 and 1 Valid RDM on round 3 means you get 1 Slay for the first, 2 Slays for the second.

2 Valid RDM's on round 2 would mean that you skip the first punishment and go straight to the second, so 2 Slays.

1 RDM on Map 1 and 1 RDM on Map 2 would mean 1 Slay for the first, 2 Slays for the second.

1 RDM on Map 1, 1 RDM on Map 2 and 1 RDM on Map 3 would mean 1 Slay, 2 Slays and then a 24 Hour ban.

1 RDM on Map 1, 2 RDM's on Map 4 could potentially be 1 Slay for the first and a 24 Hour ban on the RDM's on Map 4.

The restriction on the slay punishment chain is dependent on Staff Memory and Evidence. If the Staff Member dealing with it remember's that you RDM'd 3 Maps ago, and twice on the current map, they can issue a ban.

However, most of us prefer to keep 2 map History, as we can see all of the reports for the current and previous map, so if we see a Valid RDM, we look at the name, look at reports from the previous map to see if you have any Valid reports, and if so, it goes onto the next punishment.

This is a preference however, and not required. I prefer to do this as I can then see the previous RDM clearly, and explain it if asked "Why is this my second RDM".

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

For the lil cocky dicks i used to notepad their slays and if i was staffing for a 6 hour period and they RDM'd 3 times e.g once in the first hour, once in the 3rd and once in the 5th hour i'd still ban em for rdm x3

ha ha

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1