RDM and leave change idea

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Indy226, Jan 1, 2020.

?

Should this be a thing?

1. Yes, this could be a good idea

43.8%
  2. No, current system is better

56.3%
  1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

So a lot of people that join the servers do not immediately know or understand the rdm and leave protocol which leads to many decent players getting banned for 5 days and leaving their tongues with a sour taste on this community so i have an idea/proposal. Instead of banning people for a first offense we instead follow this protocol.

First offense - Slay
    ( could be more if needed or advised )

Second offense - Ban 1 day
    ( just if a player doesn't understand the rule yet and can give them some time to find out why they were banned )

Third offense - Ban 5 days
    ( This is a time to think about what you've done or if a player still doesn't understand the rule can have time given to find out why )

Fourth offense - Ban 14 days
    ( This is the point of no return, and the judgement of whether or not this player actually cares about playing on this community )

Fifth offense - twice before: global
    ( at this point its very obvious that this player just comes to rdm and disrupt gameplay rather than actually play the game )

The main goal of this new protocol I've thought of is to filter out players who actually play the game and the rdmers. Many new players will just see this as a come and go server rather than a server to play on for the fun of the game kind of server. It'll give new players a less of a sour taste on the community and could encourage the good players to stay thereby increasing the communities playerbase and raise the standard of the community and popularity.
    Many good, decent players ( whomst many are new to TTT as a whole) are banned for 5 days on first offense which encourages them to never return because they see this server as a no fun server. New players will get a better opportunity to learn the game and instead of falling to the "dark side" of rdming for fun and actually play the game the way its meant to and hopefully in the end have fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

If u really want u could skip the first offense punishment idea i had and give them the 1 day ban if u feel the slay to be too lenient

3. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

I agree that the punishment is very harsh. Very often we see appeals where players simply didn't know they had a report on them - the players that make the effort to appeal are most likely only a small fraction of the players that left without any malicious intent.
    The first offense's purpose should be a warning without any SOL. You could combine it with a punishment, but only a minor one like 2-4 slays with the notification that RDM and Leave will be punished harsher the next time. This way, we can be sure the player will notice and know about it the next time.
    I think a 5 Day ban should be the next punishment nevertheless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

I hate to break it to you, but this shit ain’t gunna happen so you might as well deny. I came to highwon with a bunch of suggestions before I was promoted to lead and this was one of them that got shot down and confirmed that the rules won’t be changing in this area. just close this

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

While I agree in a way it is a bit harsh I don't agree that it needs to be changed plus like scuffed said it's been suggested privately a few times and shot down, we even toyed with the idea of global slays meaning if you rdm and leave you are forced to serve a slay even if it's another server but that wasn't a popular idea either

The rules dont cater for blind ignorance, when you load in to the server you get a big screen showing you our rules and protocols, there should be no excuse except ignorance to not take a quick look if you wish to be a part of our community.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  6. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

I mean like... Mass rdm x3 is less then rdm and leave 1st, so it would be better if you changed those both to 3 days

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Adding an extra slay for rdm and leave first instead of a ban is a super duper low iq move, whole point of the ban is to punish evading a slay for ruining another players round.

Probably won’t happen but ban reduction opposed to a slay is the only way to make the protocol more lenient

8. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Rdm and leave first offense should just be a 2 day ban, and change the mass rdm to a 5 day ban +1 for each rdm past three imo

Cuz in the eyes of a rule breaker, they gonna mass rdm, get banned for a day, come back and repeat

9. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

I think maybe adding a 1 day ban for first offence if they leave after the slay had passed
    because many new members dont understand this rule

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

Sorry, I get what you're saying, but some users really deserve more than 5 days, and some really are just banned because they didnt read rules, even though they are geniunely a nice person. But that is why I read rules before round started to make sure I didnt get banned, and somehow they should get lesser of a punishment for not caring about the rules. When I got my first report it clearly said not to leave the server, got slain, and served my slay. Why can't they?

One thing I do understand is that people do leave and never come back, because they think once they got slain they cant come back with the guilt. I once killed an afk which happened to be a traitor on a german ttt server, and they bannned me for an hour, voteban actually, never came back. That is why I joined no rules server, to learn the gist of the game, before moving to servers with moderators.