Random RDM and Leave ban!!!!!

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by MuffinMayhem, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname: Muffin
    Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:67188517
    Which Server: West 2
    Why should you be unbanned: I was banned for rdm and leave, I had every right to kill Olaf.
    Evidence of innocence: I was T baiting a guy and then he kosed me. Since he kosed me I killed him. I had every right to shoot him cuz he kosed me so i don't know why I was banned. After that I left and after about 6 hours, I come back and I was banned. Whoever banned me read this and change your muind about the ban.

2. TB Wolf

TB Wolf VIP

Hello Muffin!

You were banned on 3/9/2014 by Zikeji, as seen here:
    [​IMG]

Zikeji has been notified of this appeal, and will reply at his earliest convenience. Please be patient.

3. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

You had no proof he had KoS'd you, all that appeared in the logs was you killing him for no apparent reason and then, as soon as you replied to the RDM report you left, leaving us to twiddle our thumbs and wait so you can come back to clarify(waited a full map before banning you). Considering we generally count this type of kill as RDM(or a warning) in the first place, it didn't make it any better for you. Why is this so? By t-baiting someone, you're offensively shooting toward them, and a normal player will retaliate by shooting you, in which event you just attempt-RDM'd him (because you fired the first shot), caused RDM and unwarranted death.

Please consider the actions you took as they were inappropriate to the matter at hand.

Considering your clean history, playtime and following the format appropriately, I'm willing to lower the ban to a 1-day ban if you so wish. Do keep in mind you have access to the other servers, East, East 2, and West.

4. The thing is I know many many people and some mods who do this and not get slayn so I thought it was ok, if a mod did it I was just doing what he was doing then i get slayned, or as of now banned

5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I just don't know what stupid innocent would KOS someone for t baiting. Them again, I don't know what stupid innocent thinks t baiting is a smart thing. Easy way to lose the game, if you ask me.

6. So techinally i should be unbanned

7. Zikeji

Mods shouldn't be causing RDM, but circumstances can be different on a per-case basis. In your case, you t-baited him(or so, claimed to have) and claim he KoS'd you, and then you killed him for it. Except he didn't fight back, he didn't fire a single bullet. So, in the logs that looks like you just filled him with lead for no reason, made an excuse and then immediately left hoping you'd get away with it.

Also, if you do something that even slightly looks like RDM, you probably shouldn't leave so fast after responding the report. To be safe, always stay until the moderator dealing with the report can confirm with you it's over.

No, I didn't ban you for you the act itself, I banned you for lack of info putting it in Olaf's favor. See my first sentence.

8. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

Um... *slinks away*. I T-bait regulars/staff when I'm bored as an innocent =X (but I don't complain/report when they kill me for it!).

9. According to every other staff member than u Zikeji this would be a he said she said situation and no slay invovled, because HE CALLED A KOS ON ME IN VOICE CHAT...

10. Zikeji

See the rules, admins can adjust punishment at their own discretion. Generally, mods don't pick a side on he-said-she-said situations. But this wasn't even a he-said-she-said situation, this was overwhelming evidence against you, and you leaving. As it stands, my offer for the 1-day adjustment still stands.

11. It wasnt rdm though. You know it to, the !motd says calling kos is a traitorus act. Also now that you know the whole situation, you should unban me. MANY PEOPLE DO THIS SO, do u hate me cuz no one else get slayed/demoted for this(Tsu is an example)

12. Zikeji

Why didn't you stay to clarify your kill reason? You immediately left after replying 'he kos'd me for tbaiting him' when the logs showed the contrary, and no one I asked heard him KoS you.

13. For the 5000000000 time the whole point of a Ban Apeal is to prove ur innocence. You keep reffering to the report, now u know, u should unban me.

14. Zikeji

You haven't proven anything. You've given me words which could or could not be true, but I don't see any evidence to prove your innocence. If I went back and looked at the logs, it'd show the characteristics of RDM.

Considering your good histroy, I modified your ban to a 12 hour ban, but it screwed up resetting it so I just unbanned you. A 12 hour ban would have had you banned for around 30 more minutes.

15. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

In the future, try to be as detailed as possible for an RDM report. If you think your response will take a while, close the report box and send a message to admins with a message like: "@Hey I need some time to reply to this report, can you bring up the report box again and give me time to respond?" Staff should wait until the beginning of next round to slay anyways, but I know not all of them do. The more detailed your response is, the more likely it will show your innocence. If you have to leave and you know you had just responded to a report, message the staff and ask them if they are finished with your report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.