Random ban from Pop Star

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Ryanduck03, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was banned by a staff member (Mod) for "Ghosting" In which I was in a Skype call, but we were discussing other none related things. I was PERMA banned as well, and if I read the MOTD correctly, you had to give a short ban and then increase the length if it persisted. I have video footage of the ban if needed.

2. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

02/24/14 17:07PM Ryanduck93 STEAM_0:0:46288205 Ghosting - First Offense WEST 2 03/24/14 18:07PM POP STAR
    You were not permabanned. Your ban will expire one month from now. Also, in the rules, it clearly states that communicating through any means other than chat could be considered ghosting.

3. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Topic has been moved to Ban Appeal due to nature of topic.

Hello Ryanduck93 and spudscorner! I hope you are both cheerful as always!!

I banned you for Ghosting - First Offense, as seen here:
    [​IMG]

Now, to clarify the server rules (or MOTD "!motd in-game") clearly states that the first offense of Ghosting, calls for a 1 month ban (40320 minutes.)

I was tipped that two guys were randomly killing people and was asked to come over to West 2. I arrived and followed the proper protocol to issue the proper punishment for your crimes.

You were both tipping each other on who the T's were, as there were numerous reports against you, but the logs showed no discrepancy. Considering, you were an innocent and killing only T's, that would explain as much, so that is where it hinted at ghosting. I was also tipped you were both on Skype and have denied any questions as to how you knew the people you killed were traitors.

You've also admitted to being on Skype, so that doesn't argue the punishment any more.
    Your ban will be served the full month regarding Ghosting "boo, spooky!"

* Feel free to play on two other servers West 1 and East

Hugs and Kisses,

POP STAR

4. You are being completely and utterly ridiculous. If you say discussing a test we have for school is "ghosting" I would gladly like you to get a paper cut with a drop of lime juice on your finger webbings. I would gladly discuss with you WHY he killed those T's, and you clearly forgot to state that he was a detective with DNA on the person that was following me. Just because something looks like it doesn't mean it is always true. And the amount of time we were in Skype for is BETWEEN ROUNDS. Because I was legitimately following the rules. I think you're being ridiculous and would gladly have a discussion about it. I was also Innocent so if you have any point to how we could've been ghosting please speak now.

5. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

Ghosting could consist of saying "damn i died in the barn" when your body is unid, giving ANY information to someone living that they wouldn't have known otherwise via a third party program could be, and will be, considered ghosting.

6. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Even going "I'm dead so we can talk now" or just "I died" is ghosting if his body hasn't been ID'd yet.

7. I know that, but if that doesn't matter because I hadn't of been dead and whenever we were in Skype we were both spectating or round changing. and If anyone would actually take the time to investigate this, you'd realize that the time he killed him I was inno and he was detective with DNA on him. So please don't jump in on Pop Star's side without putting yourself in my shoes first.

8. Killamarshall

i am not jumping on POP STAR's side at all i am showing you things that could be considered ghosting.

9. And if it had been for "Ghosting" why did you not do it for rdm? As you where saying yourself: "you were an innocent and killing only T's, that would explain as much, so that is where it hinted at ghosting." Excuse me but I would assume you are supposed to ban people instantly for rdm, and if you were doing such as "Investigating" you would've noticed that I didn't rdm anyone or Ghost. so stop being ridiculous. I HAVE FOOTAGE OF IT IF NEEDED, as I said earlier.

10. Killamarshall

Please Post your Video Footage so we can look into this further.

11. I had an error rendering the footage, but I still have a screenshot of my screen for the ban, there was no reason, and if I read correctly doesn't it state in the rules that he has to at least investigate? I had been rdmd, and there had been a bigger problem and I knew when he joined he had something against me. He was called for "Ghosting" You wanna hear something? I'm pretty sure I'm the one who called him for RDM, so if anyone can check on that I'd appreciate.

12. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Randomly changing the story won't help your situation at all. If you had an error rendering the footage, try it again. Or upload it raw.

13. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Hello cherished player, Ryanduck93, I would like to present my rebuttal as well as my conclusion in one post.

I hope this is enough to convince everyone that my ban was justified and that I have grounds to not lift this ban.

To start, I'd like to thank the staff and the accused, for caring about what is right and motivating me to be a stern believer of justice.

A man who kills the grocery clerk by accident, in the attempt of robbing said clerk to provide for his family, is the same as a man who kills for pure enjoyment in the eyes of the law.

Now, obviously consistent offenders are treated differently, but still murder is murder. If in real life, we would convict a man not based on his fame, money or status, but instead on his crime, so why wouldn't we do the same on the internet?

Maybe this is a bit dark, but it will be a firm example of my point. What is my point?

My point is that you, Ryanduck93, did in fact ghost by using means of Skype. Simply accessing the program and using it's services while connected to our servers was your crime. How can I prove that it is a crime?

* Under the section Ghosting clarifications it clearly states " Any other forms of communication could result in inadvertently ghosting and we will enforce it."

Which can be seen here: (border blue to assist ease of finding)
    [​IMG]

The defendant has admitted to the crime. Regardless of why s/he was using the services of Skype, It was against the mutual agreement between the server and the player to do so.

The mutual agreement you agree to by playing on our servers Is that you will obey our rules and regulations. You see our !motd every time you connect, therefore you have no excuse to be oblivious to seeing what I've presented to you.

The prosecution, POP STAR, has nothing further to argue.

14. Other than in a real court of law that we have Judges that legitimately check the facts and TALK TO PEOPLE about rather then just hearing that someone stabbed someone and sentencing them to a time in prison. In a real court of law I would discuss with the judge what happened, here is the situation and how it would go down (In my opinion) I would explain that I had been chased by a murder and someone knew it so they shot them, in which I was charged with the sentence because SOMEONE *Hint* *Hint* totally not POP STAR was too lazy to talk to me, so just banned me instantaneously. Maybe if you had discussed to me about the problem like a civilized human being we are, I would understand your valid reason. But since all you want to do is state the facts (Which aren't even facts I haven't seen a single log to prove that I rdmed.) (Or Ghosted) And why would I waste my time typing all this when I could just go and play on the other server?) Because I like justice served, and I'm tired of mods or admins like you that "See" someone doing something against the rules, but calling me a "Ghoster" is ridiculous. If you noticed I didn't kill anyone and I was an innocent. So if I was saying who the Traitor was how could've I? I would like to see the log where I WAS A TRAITOR and Spuds corner killed someone, (Or Vice Versa especially)

15. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I would just like to add that there are plenty of cases where in real court, the defendant states they are innocent. It would be nice for BOTH sides to present some sort of evidence, instead of this crazy back and forth talk about how things would happen in the real court systems. I couldn't care less what happens in the real court. Just get to the point and state your cases directly.

16. Well my point is, I wasn't ghosting and this is ridiculous. I am tired of trying to have a civilized conversation and getting ganged up on by "Higher Ranks" on servers and such. I strongly dislike this and would like an investigation on what happened by someone OTHER then POP STAR. HE issued the ban and no-one has seemed to check any thing on it.

17. Well my point is, I wasn't ghosting and this is ridiculous. I am tired of trying to have a civilized conversation and getting ganged up on by "Higher Ranks" on servers and such. I strongly dislike this and would like an investigation on what happened by someone OTHER then POP STAR. HE issued the ban and no-one has seemed to check any thing on it.

“It is better to risk saving a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one.”
    ― Voltaire, Zadig

18. DocFox

You must have missed the part where I requested that BOTH sides present evidence. This is the investigation.

19. Well I want your evidence first, I have written evidence and that should be enough. After all, you are the Admin, so you have better access to the logs and history. I understand you want to side with the Mod, I think he may be good, but he just made an atrocious call.

“It is better to risk saving a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one.”
    ― Voltaire, Zadig

20. DocFox

No, I want to make the right decision. I won't side with a moderator that made the wrong call, but this would be so much faster if you just posted your evidence of innocence. You're the first person required to post it by making the appeal. Words are just words and not evidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.