Denied Racerboy's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Racerboy, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Racerboy
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:1:42612237
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Marshal Zuijj gets killed by Bob321 and he runs into the nether so I jump in to fight him. I may have over-extended my mic usage, but I did it for a few reasons:

- As soon as I jumped in the nether, I immediately was fighting him and didn't want to release my mic key
    - As the detective I wanted to keep the other people outside the nether informed that I was still alive
    - As soon as I killed him I was going to shut my mic off to ID, but I was concentrated on aiming and Woet banned me in the middle of the fight so I didn't get a chance to even do that
    - No one else was talking so I figured it was pretty harmless to alert those that I was still alive while I went in the nether
    - Literally just trying to have fun on mic and fun playing the game, and I'm sorry if that interfered so much with everyone's ability to play

Maybe I took the whole "if I stop talking that means I'm dead" a bit too literally, but this clip should not be considered mic spam, and I doubt any other admin other than Woet would even consider banning for something this negligible. After playing on the server for so long with other admins, I can really guarantee that no one else would've banned for 8 hours for that. Maybe it was worth another gag warning, but even that's borderline if he just gives me another second to confirm that I killed Bob or Bob kills me and that shuts my mic off.

I'm really convinced that Woet just enjoys over-moderating the server a fuck ton, and it really takes the fun and joy out of playing there. No one is as anal about so-called "mic spam" as he is, and it's infuriating when he feels the need to get involved in every trivial situation.​
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

Tagging @Woet to handle your appeal, please be patient as you await their response.

This ban is local to Vanilla so please feel free to play on any of our other servers in the meantime.

3. Woet

Woet ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ VIP

Here are the punishments in regards to mic spam, taken straight from the rules:
    • 1st offense - Gag/mute and a warning
    • 2nd offense - Gag/mute for a round
    • 3rd offense - 8 hour ban
    Holding down your mic for 5 seconds while yelling "AAAAAAAAA" is considered mic spam. Since I already gagged, warned, and round gagged you several times (despite protocol saying just once of each is enough), this resulted in an 8-hour ban.

I'll need some more time to compile videos of your previous gags and round gags since I'm struggling to record video and audio together.

4. https://streamable.com/st7ol This is one of the gags that attributed to Racerboy's ban. He was sarcastically replying "pretty cool, pretty cool" to me because i said i accidentally crossfired the detective. I have never been gagged, or seen any other regular gagged for doing the exact same repeated pretty cool line. It wasn't excessive at all, except by your standards. This is what i'm talking about when i say you over-moderate voice chat.

5. Woet

Woet ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ VIP

This is a valid mic spam gag. You don't have to repeat "pretty good" and "not bad" 5 times to get your message across. This is exactly the kind of mic usage that, on a full server with other people joining in, makes voice chat completely unusable for everyone else.

6. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

Can this be considered targeting?

I can't even count the number of times that players like Marshal, Enzo V, Bork, FreakinJose, and many others have gone along with the running joke on the server of saying sarcastic things like "Pretty cool", "Not bad", "Sick sick sick" repeatedly for a short, harmless period of time. All in good fun, and you're actually out to target me on it. I didn't even get to finish the gunfight with the guy in my post before you jumped all over the thought of banning me.

You're really just being a nuisance and killjoy at this point. Anyone who spends time in the server knows that no other mods act this way towards the players. I don't think you even understand the fundamental difference between actual spam and someone interacting with other players and trying to enjoy my time in the game...

I'm just trying to stand up for people who are legitimately trying to have fun in the server, against people like you who are out to ruin it because you have issues or something.

7. Woet

Woet ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ VIP

I've gagged Marshal, Enzo and FreakinJose several times. During the few maps we played together before you got banned, I gagged several people, not just you. The only difference is that they stopped after being warned.

@Zuijj has already shared the clip of your initial gag, here is the clip of your round gag:
    https://s.woet.me/DUh6VRaH6i.mp4

@Racerboy Can you explain how this clip is "interacting with other players and trying to enjoy my time in the game"?

You can have fun without mic spamming - literally thousands of players do it every single day.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  8. Woet

Woet ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ VIP

I've shared your clips with other staff, including several admins. While not every staff member would gag for these instances, they all agreed this could be considered mic spam.

As mentioned, I followed the punishments of gag, round gag and ban:
    There were more gags and warnings, but going through hours of demos is tedious and won't achieve anything.

I recommend you stop screaming, repeating yourself 5 times or making sounds in voice chat. While the first clip might be borderline, the last two clips are obvious mic spam. Just remember that there are 20-30 other people in the server that have to listen to you, and people actually talking about the game (like making a KOS) will not be heard when you do this.

Appeal denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.