R.I.P. Kobe

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by .shirt, Jan 26, 2020.

1. .shirt

.shirt VIP

I don’t know how many if you play basketball or watch it, but today we lost a legend, an idol, and a mentor. I model so much of my mentality after Kobe, hard work and dedication the mamba mentality. I strive to this day to be a “be a different animal and the same beast”. As a lifelong Laker fan who bleeds purple and gold I just wanted to share just a bit. Remember just shoot, and say Kobe for accuracy.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
  2. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

not only was he such a leader and a legend on the court he was such a good man off the court. growing up in Southern California 45 minutes away from where he lived you always heard about how much of a force of good he really was. always involved in his community and invested in what the normal people around him were doing to try and make everyone’s day better just because he could. He was that guy. growing up as a kid playing sports there was no better model on how to handle yourself in the field of play and off of it than Kobe. RIP to the legend himself:(

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

didn't his daughter die too

4. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Yeah, and several others it’s truly so heartbreaking

5. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

RIP to him, his daughter and all others on the helicopter

you hate to see it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

the intent of this thread is to be genuine and serious. if you’re not going to do that take your dumb comments and do something else with them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Dude was a baller, and inspired an entire generation of people. Mamba mentality is real and kids will universally yell "kobe" when they shoot into the trash bin until the end of time. His legacy is set in stone.

Rest in Peace, friend

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

What a tragic start for 2020.

He was loved by many, hated by some, but he was respected by everyone who knew who he really is.
    Mamba mentality will live on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Frosty

Frosty Stay frosty! VIP

Such an amazing person. I have been invested in basketball for years now and the moment i heard this i literally bawled my eyes out.
    He and his daughter were too young to go.
    They wont be forgotton.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

:( Such a tragic loss. I was driving through that area about half an hour after they crashed and commented on how foggy it was considering it was really sunny and clear the day before. I was not aware at the time that there was a helicopter crash, I found out hours later.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

That's so weird! I was too.. I live close by that area. :eek: