PVP

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by GuyOfRainbows, Jan 30, 2017.

1. GuyOfRainbows

GuyOfRainbows Member

Now before I begin, I know many of you guys will be upset with how my opinion stands on this topic. So please keep in mind that this is only my opinion, and there is no reason to become hostile. With how PVP is in Minecraft 1.11, I believe that PVP should be enabled in all claims at all times, no exceptions. This server is listed as a SurvivalPVP server, so if you don't like to PVP, I believe that you should either suit up, or find a new server. With a 15k x 15k map, and a 10 minute cooldown on RTP, it should be much harder for PVPers to find your base. Fights in 1.11 take much longer as long as the person has any sort of enchanted diamond, giving the person being attacked much more time to escape. If people like to build, they should still be able to have a safe spot where they can run and hide until the attacker leaves. Also, I don't think /kit elite is op at all, full diamond is worse than enchanting prot 1 on iron armor, as goes with an iron sword. It's very easy to counter it, and I think everybody has to stop complaining about it.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

PvP is bad.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. +500 i agree

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

How does PvP currently work?

And can anyone confirm for me if putting a button and iron door combo in your claim still makes it to where only the claim owner and trusted persons can use the button to open the door? Or if it even did that before, according to the tutorial that's how they worked

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Deathbyrussian

Deathbyrussian Creator of Worlds - http://imgur.com/a/LfHNY Emerald

All doors can only be opened by the claim owner and people trusted on the claim.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Didn't stop McSniperDragon and his fun brigade from chorus fruiting in to my base and ruining my experience altogether though. And before any commentary is made about reporting them, it's already been done. Obviously a couple of rulebreakers shouldn't set the pace for the entire server, but the fact that the current build even allows for things like this to be viable, is silly. If people want to PvP, they should catch you out of home, hell, even follow you if they want to, but I should be able to work on my builds without having to worry if I'm going to be suddenly set upon by 3 guys who have end game gear, without any meaningful way in to my claim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

PvP is good and keeps the game interesting for me.

If it was just lego block builders I'd get bored pretty quick.

8. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

I totally respect that. By no means am I trying to imply that people shouldn't have the option. But the server should appeal to more than just one type of player, all things considered.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Yeah TBH I don't want people destroying my shit that I work hard on. I'm not a PvP type, my objective isn't to PvP.

I like to invent, and make music with noteblocks. I like peace, and nothing but it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

-1, terrible idea. Hate pvp.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Do I want people rolling up on me with diamond armor, beat the game 5 times over to just come up and kill me? While there are people that do want to PVP, Why not just have two sorts of worlds? One Pvp the other just a peaceful PVE type of thing?

idk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

I actually plus one Pacifist's there are a lot of servers that have these worlds, one is factions, and one is a peaceful survival type of thing. Not like you cannot die in the survival, it is just harder. People like building, and it would even make it easier for others to collaborate instead of someone coming up and kill the two of them, now the current world idk how you would want to divide that, maybe if this was added, you could have your stuff on both worlds? Or the current world would be peaceful and there would be a new pvp world where everyone starts fresh.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I find pvp very fun in a game as long as it is eve remotely balanced. Vanilla minecraft items do not have balance for PVP. People with better enchantments will always win unless someone incredible happens. You can't escape, because there isn't any way to go faster than another person outside a very few remote items or a horse, all easily countered with a good bow. Once you get end-game enchantments, you are practically invincible, and a very small group of people can dominate the entire server, and nobody can play the game without being afraid they'll be jumped and lose everything they had been working on.

14. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I dont think splitting the worlds is a good idea, as the minecraft community we have isn't huge to begin with.

What if in the 15k x 15k map we have, the first 5k x 5k were ''Safe areas'' and past the 5k border all PvP would be enabled. There could also be some benefits for living in the ''wilderness'' and risking more than the people that just want to build in the safe area.
    Had this idea today on the bus and thought I'd just throw it into this thread.

• Like Like x 1