PvP at Night

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Python~, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

This is just an official suggestion that would be the best fit for everyone it seems

This would prevent friendly players being attacked while doing things outside (building, crop harvesting, etc.) during the day

During the day, PvPers can plan their strategy, figure out ways into a base, and gather materials

When night comes, players can either hide, or fight, knowing full well of the risks

Night would also have to be announced like server restarts

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Wouldnt this make it like the walls? Where there is a certain amount of time to prepare and then you fight? Im not really into that idea, but I can see something like that happening.

Even though im not personally into it, it would be best for the current state of the server.
    So 1+

3. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

They're working on a custom plugin for this, as apparently none exists until now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. While I'm not one for PvP, the idea does sound very interesting.
    +1

5. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

-1. PvP should be enabled all throughout the day. There really is no point in having PvP disabled during day. If you die you die, end of story.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I don't agree.I've seen first hand that people will try ANYTHING to get into your base and kill you.If pvp is only enabled at night they will be even more hungry.If you don't like pvp you can team up with me to dand we can form a group to fight off th bandits?

7. Python~

This is an idea that has come up time and time again that has an equal balance of PvP and non-PvP, and has a logical premise

To specify, PvP wouldn't be enabled on CLAIMS during the day

8. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Why?

PvP should be enabled everywhere, it makes the game... like.. a survival gamemode...

in a survival server

:thinking:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Every 5 mins and right when you are actually being productive on the server? Nothanks

10. Python~

:banghead:

No, just in the way that it appears on the screen, maybe 60 seconds before night begins

Also, what does the warning have to do with your productivity lol

11. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Because everytime the server restarts im working on something loool

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

Tbh, would love it if it just stayed the way it is, but since this seems like a valid compromise, why the hell not?

What I am NOT in favor of is people having the ability to always be PvP protected, Everybody needs to be vulnerable at some point or another, as long as that is a thing, I'd be fine with night PvP

I'd would also like it if PvP was always enabled in unclaimed areas, but during the day claimed areas are protected from PvP

• Like Like x 5
  13. PVP has been an issue for 75% of the time, it just feels like harassment every time too. These people already have the best gear they can get yet they go out of their way to kill those who don't enjoy pvp such as myself. My house has been attacked by giraffe, diekasta, and others. And I have stated in-game that there is a pvp arena if people are into that sort of thing. It doesn't have to be a constant argument over wanting items back because some guy raided them. With this night time idea you at least have a sort of choice in the chaos that happens on people.

I'm also tired of mentioning this on the server and being told to shut up or to play single player. Its just not how I roll you know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Is this sort of change really going to fix the servers interest for the long term though? I think whats going on on the server is a more fundamental issue, and not something that will be fixed with a tweak such as this.

Colour me pessimistic, but I think the server is headed downhill unless a fundamental change happens soon.

16. Python~

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I don't get what you are saying?

:sneaky:

• Old Old x 1
  18. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Pvp should be enabled always, otherwise it allows for abusers using lava in claims again.

• Old Old x 1