Put discombs and rifles in the pointshop

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by AAAAAAAAAAAAA, Jul 26, 2017.

1. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

??????

• Like x 12
    • Agree x 4
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

ok

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Discombs have been denied because they can be abused to get to places -1

Idk why rifles wouldn't be in there tho +1

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

wtf literally no one uses discombs like that. And if there's a situation where you can kill a person by using a discomb then you are better off using a frag grenade anyways, which are in the pointshop.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

yeah, +1

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Python~

Frags area of effect doesnt ignore walls and barriers tho

Plus the fact is that discombobs CAN be used like that. They have been, and if they were in the pointshop, would be used much more. Don't gotta try and propsurf when you can just buy a discomb and launch yourself

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

I mean there's rules in place for getting to unreachable areas and people already have a million other ways of doing that with props, riot shields, newton launchers etc. Why limit my capabilities to bully people with discombs because someone once used it to get to an unreachable spot?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Python~

Like I said, discombobs aren't used much at the moment to get to unreachable areas because there are a limited amount per map. As soon as we make this unlimited, thats when the problems may start occuring. Also there are times when mods aren't on the server to teleport people out of unreachable areas, so why would we make it easier?

There are also no real positives for being able to buy discombs in the point shop. As well as reaching places you're not supposed to get to, it can cause much more RDM, chaos, and just be a general nuisance. You just said all you want them for is to bully players with them.

Also https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/discombobs-in-the-point-shop.16068/

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

I mean the only thing worth reading there is Mangos post. And I already explained that if people want to get out to uncreahable areas, they already have a fucking dozen different ways of doing it now. Adding discombs to the pointshop would not change fuck-all.

And he also says that they shouldn't be added because kids like to spam/RDM with them. Guess what genius u can spam and RDM with every single item that exists in the pointshop right now. Again adding discombs would not change anything.

The positives to adding discombs would be that they are more available. Maps often have very little of them spawning, so people don't get to use them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Python~

For any good reason?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Python~

Props and discombobs don't require other people to assist you. You throw the discombob, time it right, then crouch jump when it explodes. On maps with no or very few props, it's the only way to get to places you're not supposed to be

Again, you haven't given any reason why this should be added except that there would be more of them. It wouldn't add anything to gameplay, and all I can think of is negative

I'm done here, -1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

yes

13. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

During over 2000 hours of Gmod ive never seen anyone consistently be able to reach unreachable places using discombs. They are much harder to use and not practical at all, when 99% of maps have props that are much easier to use.

Every other grenade is in the shop already, except for discombs. Adding discombs would provide a new fun way to kill people, and certainly would make for some wacky funny moments, rather than just always relying on OP frag grenades. I think I've provided good reasons as to why it should be added, but I've yet to see one good reason to keeping it banned.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

The Rifle and the discombob i will +1 We even have the smoke grenade in there and thats a rarer use than the discombob. Only thing I could see that could be a problem is the spam of it and the RDM reports. But discombobs on maps such as Dolls and Terror Train would be a great addition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Python~

What reasons have you provided? All you've said was there would be more, which is somehow a good thing? Because spamming discombobs always turns out well. Gotta love those wacky fun RDM moments

You also contradicted yourself:
    So now you're just saying things that are the opposite of what you said an hour ago to be able to troll with a grenade (y)

Yeah, besides the constant inevitable spamming and additional RDM reports, it will be a blast to have on 2 out of 60 maps

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Referencing 2 but it would be good in general.

17. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

tfw u literally quote my reasoning and then ask what are my reasonings, and I have no clue where you pulled a contradiction from. You are just assuming I'm ''trolling'' because I wan't to use a discomb to kill a person.

And guess what. If someone spams discombs, they get punished by the mods. Why do you think people will be able to get away with RDMing with discombs?

18. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Welcome back, Python.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Python~

Glad to be back, Jim

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. rigby250

rigby250 VIP