Answered Profile Picture as a GIF

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by CorallocinB, Nov 25, 2015.

1. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

So I've had @Pandora attempt to help me, but what she did couldn't work. The Google also is being rude for not telling me how to work it on this forum host, and I've definitely seen people WITH gifs as their profile pictures and always thought it was because they were staff however @Santa's Little Copilot proved that wrong. Therefore, I reach out to anyone who wants to help me fix this issue. How does one successfully make a gif into a profile picture on these forums? Is it the size of the gif or what? I clearly don't know.

Because, for the love of God, this top tier gif needs to be my profile picture ;-;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought the gif in the spoiler would work at its size, but when I attempted to upload it from my PC it wouldn't accept it.

Thanks for putting up with my stupidity and I appreciate all the help! o7

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

3. Pandora?

Pandora? Alcoholic in Training VIP Silver

Could you possibly show what it does when you try uploading it? When I used the one in the spoiler I was able to successfully have it upload and load as a gif
    [​IMG]

4. CorallocinB

I believe @Pandora did the same thing, because I noticed that the gif she sent me was that exact size @Rek listed in that thread and it didn't work.

There's nothing I can really show, I can only describe it as (however I can show it if someone wants to tell me how to make a gif of what I am doing on my desktop o.o, WHICH IS POSSIBLE. THE GIVEAWAYS DONT LIE :eek:):

1. The gif will not load, as in I cannot visibly see the gif as my profile picture.
    2. My current picture of Sans is what I see after I upload the gif.
    3. And yes, I used the exact 192 x 192 gif that I downloaded onto my desktop and attempted to upload as my profile picture.

Once I successfully pick the file, the forums do a little loading and I click 'okay', 'close', nothing changed so I 'refresh' and I still see my Sans picture. I also attempted to 'delete current avatar' and upload the gif and that did not work either. Now seeing you having the gif as your profile picture disproves that it cannot become a profile picture based on its size/whatever, so now I am just puzzled if it could be my laptop or something just being stupid though I am not entirely sure if that's the case seeing as I can upload non-gifs as my profile picture still.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

5. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

[​IMG] Try this.

EDIT: If it doesn't work, just google gif resizer and it should pop up as one of the first results. Just toss it in and have fun, lower the dimensions but keep it square.

6. CorallocinB

Nope, does the same exact thing as seen in my spoiler gif.

EDIT: Pandora fixed one issue, my browser (chrome) wasn't telling me if it uploaded correctly or not. Mozilla on the other hand is saying it cannot be larger than 50 KB (which makes me wonder if that restriction is removed for staff members, because I can't upload it but she can) anyway this may be fixed soon (hopefully).

7. Rek

Rek Ø

Yeah about that, Guilty won't believe me that it is, but it is. @Darktooth ?

8. CorallocinB

Though the question brought up by Rek could be answered, my main issue has been fixed surprisingly with nothing lost.

Can be marked as answered, unless someone would like to provide that answer because I'd like to know too.

9. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

You could mention that I solved this question for you
    'Cause I'm the best. Like always.
    (Staff look @ my adminstats if you don't believe me)

10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

It is 100% removed for staff.

I have to get staff to upload my pictures now because since I've been a regular i can't have HD images.

11. CorallocinB

*Mentions*
    thanks fam

Then that settles that.

Ok, my Question has been Answered, can close this puppy down.