Answered Posting images in SB

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by The Infamous Doc Holiday, Mar 11, 2018.

1. So, after a few embarrassing incidents with the media I intended to display not making it into the SB, and one super long ass link making it in, I decided to seek help.

Do I use the img tool? The url tool? Do I copy image (as in google images)? Do I use image link (as in imgur)? Do I need to trim anything off?

@Xproplayer , feel free not to respond here. I don't like ur kind.

jk. hit me with ur best shot lol :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Right click the image, copy image link, go to sb, click the image with a picture, ctrl+v between the 2 "img" in brackets. Enter.

This applies to any and all pictures

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Right click an image copy image url, then click the image button on sb and paste the url

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Using img tags will display your image in shoutbox. The link needs to end in some type of image format however such as .jpg, .png, etc.

If you're getting the image off of google, you'll want to go to the original site it's hosted on (See below)
    [​IMG]

Once there, you can click right click the image and click "Copy Image Location"
    [​IMG]

Just copy/paste the image elsewhere in case it gives you a super long, none image file URL like Google Images usually does.

If you have the file on your computer; then uploading on imgur always works- just make sure you're linking the file directly, and not the whole imgur album- clicking "Copy Image Location" will work just fine.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

You don't need to visit the site to get an image location off of Google images. Google uses thumbnails of the images when in the small display of the results to increase loading times and decrease bandwidth, so if you just click on an image, it will load the entire image in the search result. Just right click and get the link to the image from there. Visiting the site can also be done but it's a waste of time if you're just looking for the link to the image you found and don't wanna deal with the site.

7. thanks guys, appreciate it. I double checked what i had done and none of my links ended in an image format. theres my issue. i was a little worried, cus i thought i had been doing everything u were saying.

on another note, what does the url tool do :p

sry @Xproplayer i was pissed at u for butchering my image :p

8. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

The URL tool will let you change the name of a URL.

So for example:
    Code:
    [URL='http://www.seriousgmod.com/']SGM[/URL]
    Will appear as: SGM

• Old Old x 1