Post-Halloween Event 2020 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by PwnageKO, Nov 11, 2020.

1. PwnageKO

PwnageKO "I'll be seeing you on the forums." VIP

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to start a post-Halloween Event discussion thread where everyone can recap what they enjoyed or express what they may want tweaked for next year's event.

I personally really enjoyed the event. I love that this server puts on these events for the holidays and the server's anniversary. I think it makes it stand out and adds something for the community to look forward to. I loved Reapers FFA as a new spooky fun round and I loved even more the new spooky maps added to the rotation. I thought the new skins were pretty cool and something fun to grind towards and thought the model for the Unholy Spear was especially dope.

The only critique I can even think of relates to the difficulty for the Angels of Death boss rounds. I heard from Jabba at one point that he was unable to adjust the health because it was out of his control, so I don't know if that then means it would be something Highwon chose or if it was an unchangeable default setting. I personally really enjoyed fighting Jabba as one of the Angels, but I think the health of the boss was too high for it to make the round overall fun for the majority of players (again, I don't know if this could have even be changed). I think went up against Jabba as an Angel myself probably 20 rounds or more and not once were we able to beat him, even with him going easier on some rounds. After 15 or so rounds, I started to not really find it fun anymore and I feel like I saw similar feelings expressed by other players on the server. If the Angels were to make a return next year, I think reducing their health would be incredibly appreciated and a huge improvement to make going against them more fun. I feel like the event would be more enjoyable if the win-loss to going against the Angels was more a 60-40 ratio.

As for Grimwon, I was only able to go against him on the first day due to Highwon and I playing at different time schedules. If anyone has any thoughts or aspects they liked about Grimwon, I'd be interested to hear them.

Additionally, I was not here last year to play the 2019 Halloween Event. So if anyone was around back then and compare the two, I would be interested in hearing this as well.

Overall, I thought the event was really cool and I am even more excited now for the next event. Thanks again for planning these and listening to our thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. PwnageKO

@Jabba the Slut and @Lordyhgm

If you have a chance, would you mind posting how many times you were beaten as an Angel: overall, fully trying to win, going easy on players, and by accident?

I just want to know what the final results looked like.

3. This years halloween event was really cool , but getting the grimwon crowbar was a pain in the ass . I had to stay up until 5 am to kill him , and only managed to kill him when someone spawned a lot of bulk cannons

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. PwnageKO

I think the bulk cannons was solely on the 31st, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

I never got a chance to use the bulk cannon myself, but from what I heard from others it seemed like it wasn't the most effective weapon. Sniping gave the best results against the boss when I was on, and if you got in shotgun range of the boss you usually didn't survive long enough to take advantage of the bulk cannon. I think next year if possible a special sniper could be the halloween weapon, possibly with average stats and bonus damage against bosses if a 1 shot body sniper is too OP for regular ttt.

Also from my experience the boss spawning ammo didn't help. Players tended to camp far away from the boss most of the time, and if the boss got close enough to a player to give them ammo they can pick up they would usually kill that player before ammo mattered. Spawning ammo at random spawnpoints or giving players extra starting ammo are potential solutions to that problem.

6. PwnageKO

Was it solely on the 31st or when Highwon was on that ammo was spawned?

7. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

I only ever beat the Grimwon and Angel of Death once, it was quite harder to beat Grimwon in my opinion. I also never got a chance to use the bulk cannon as Rhaz said and I agree with that as well.

8. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

lol I picked one up, shot it once at the ground, and got killed

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

The special events are always a good time, especially the Halloween event. Not sure if this was a new feature, but Grimwon had a fireball. Kinda cool, made us move around the map more, making the event a bit more fast-paced.

The amount of health did seem a bit too much. Maybe it could scale with respect to the amount of players.

^^^

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Lovisa

Lovisa His queen :3 VIP

Event was cool but I only played with highwon once (imagine having a job). I really enjoyed the spoopy maps doe

11. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

I think the best moment from the event is when Jabba triggered the boss fight and went AFK to grab a snack because he thought the round would last longer - the round ended 10 seconds earlier and we got to kill an AFK Jabba

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. PwnageKO

If it was a possibility to scale the health to the number of players, I think that would be a really good idea.

• Like Like x 1