Portable Tester?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Apherix, May 7, 2015.

1. Apherix

Apherix VIP

Would be detective item, and an alternate Traitor explosive.
    Able to test on the go or when there is no tester on the map.
    Could be destroyed similar to health station.

What's your input?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Destroys the point of a map tester.
    Link?

3. Apherix

Apherix VIP

4. Apherix

Apherix VIP

Not many maps have a tester, don't think pessimistically. Think of all the interesting situations it would create. I know what you mean for the maps with one, I don't think anyone would buy it unless they really wanted to.

5. Apherix

Apherix VIP

The linked one is just an idea, I don't like the idea of it announcing the status to the server, which could probably be changed easily.

6. Apherix

Apherix VIP

The maps without testers just didn't have any added.
    A portable tester wouldn't ruin anything, but rather make it interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Apherix

Apherix VIP

@Turquoise why do you think it would be a bad idea?

8. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Been suggested before.

Will never happen.

Sorry kid.

9. Apherix

Apherix VIP

10. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

You do realize there's an edit post button, right? You've made 5 posts consecutively, whereas you could've reduced the count to one MAYBE two, although that itself is heavily doubtful. It won't make the game "interesting", testers are a crutch for Innocents to get the round over with quicker. They're a nuisance, really. You already have the advantage as an innocent or detective because you outnumber traitors significantly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I agree with Turquoise. Personally, I never use testers even on maps that have them.

12. Apherix

Apherix VIP

It wouldnt be something that'd be used very often anyway. There are things detectives like to buy often (jackhammer, riot shield, and the health station)
    It would be a nice addition for detective equipment without being too OP.

You guys are disagreeing and you don't even use the testers anyway?

@Turquoise the skill range of the players on here vary. Some traitors are really good and some are not. Same goes for innocents.

13. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

Ill have to agree with Turq

14. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

The skill range varies, true. However, it's pretty likely that no traitor will consistently get above 6-10 kills per round (anytime they're a traitor). The low amount of Traitors compared to the other roles makes it more valuable, and testers usually end up ruining traitor's rounds if it's 1 vs 6-8 like it usually ends up being. Unless they are experienced with C4's, frags, or jihads their chance of survival is already low enough. Not to mention what you're suggesting is similar to the Golden Gun, only this with seemingly limitless uses and available on any map without a tester. In short, I'd prefer this to not be implemented.

15. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I think if the model looked like a phone booth it could be possible; only placed down once and immovable.

The previous suggestions were for a portable one that would be a scanner device; detectives could run around and scan players against their will.

+0 for now.

16. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

While I would fucking love a Tardis skin for a T tester, there are maps with T testers
    If a map doesn't have a T tester, then that's how it was made and we shouldn't change that

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Apherix

Apherix VIP

Yeah, it wouldn't be a device that the detective would carry. They would place it on the ground and it wouldn't move.

18. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

I feel that the Meta of STTT is good right now and doesn't need a change as drastic as what you are suggesting. A portable tester would just slow down the pace of the gameplay.

19. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

This really makes the game imbalanced as hell if implemented.
    This tester can be possibly picked up by innos and will easily make the traitor's job more hard than it already is.
    A nice big

20. I think it would work/be cool if you could only use it once, but otherwise no.