Poll: Factions V Towny

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, Mar 27, 2017.

?

Do you want Towny or Factions?

1. Factions. Let us Unite in Glory!

40.0%
  2. Towny. Let us Build Together!

40.0%
  3. Neither! Lets keep it with simple Claims!

10.0%
  4. Indifference is me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Different Idea Below

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

So, I wasnt able to be part of the open discussion, so I am out of the loop, but I just wanted this poll to be available. I already have a poll like it that was overwhelmingly in favor of Factions, but I wanted a fresh one since the other wasn't really specific.

Note: I heard there was some logistics problem with Factions, please vote based on what you personally want, not the logistics of it. Also, I assume there would be some form of grief protection with Factions.

2. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

One of the ideas that came up in the open discussion, and one I like, is having a separate world for factions. We have a survival portal, and it comes with griefprotection. So why not have a separate world and a "Factions" portal? Separate inventory, of course. The grief protection dynamic in Factions is alot different from what we have now, I know there are "safe zones" and "war zones" but I just don't know how this would workout for those of us who live by ourselves.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

Haven't devs been eternally opposed to a separate world? Most people just want factions for the party system :/

4. gage345

gage345 Emerald

One of the things I think will be pretty nice about something like factions/towny is that it would be harder to mass hoard items due to limited protection. As with factions, there's a chance you'd get raided/taken over, which would result in the loss of many items. No matter which one we use, it will greatly fix the economy, because people like Silent, who are extremely rich, are able to mass hoard items. Mass hoarding items, even w/ a balance reset, would still keep those people in power.

5. Juice Juice™

It really wouldn't be that hard to move my stores to someplace nobody could find them, or booby-trap it in a way it would kill or destroy all items someone might try to claim. I also have enough shulker boxes to store anything of value in my EC. I think we should maintain the current level of protection for claims, or make it veeeery difficult for people to take over pacifist players.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.