pointshop buy / switch / lottery binds

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Enigmatica, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I suggest the ability to bind a key to buy pointshop weapons (and only weapons) and switch models/jihads.

Example of binds:

ttt_pointshop 1 will buy the weapon in the 1st slot of the weapons list, which is the ACR I believe.
    ttt_model 1 will equip model 1 from the list of models. Model 0 is the default model (unequips model).
    ttt_jihad 1 will equip jihad sound 1 from the list of jihads. Jihad 0 is the standard jihad (unequips jihad).
    ttt_lotto 100 will buy 100 lottery tickets.

ttt_model and ttt_jihad will not work if you do not have the model purchased. ttt_pointshop and ttt_lotto will not work if you do not have enough points.

I also suggest chat commands for each of them. In order:
    !buy 1
    !model 1
    !jihad 1
    !lotto 100

• Like Like x 1
  2. Black Rabbit

Black Rabbit I'm a Villain! VIP

I like this idea tons, mainly because of the model part. Though some may think of it as unfair, being able to switch a model after you go into a room and come out could confuse people but then again people shouldn't call KOS based on models anyways. I also like the lotto one, buying lotto tickets one by one is a pain.

3. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

"ttt_pointshop_buy_frag" That's what I'm looking forward to if this suggestion becomes reality. And of course changing your skin will help a lot also.+1

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Enigmatica

Alright, if I can get this coded and implemented correctly on a test server, Highwon said he may try it and if it doesn't cause lag, he might implement it. I think this would be a very nice convenience addition to the server that would benefit a lot of power users. However, I know little about coding for Gmod other than that it uses LUA, so, community, help me out!

5. SO many +1

6. Love it. It would make everything so much more convenient. +1

7. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

If he adds selling commands(for like jihads and stuff), they could be exploited easily.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

He's talking about switching them; not selling them.

9. Will-e

Will-e VIP

Since this is already up, I can't make a new thread, so I guess I am bumping it...my feelings on this sort of idea vary a bit, but I doubt enough to make a new post, despite this one's age.

Having bought literally all the upgrades, I like spending points on smokes and such to practice throwing without endangering anyone. I have guesses as to why there hasn't been a pointshop bind code made.
    The first thing before even the problems: Highwon doesn't seem to want to work on the server anymore beyond what feels necessary to keep it fairly lively. Why mess with what works? Fair enough.
    Second, the problems:
    -Spam purchasing, which is honestly the main reason most people want it.
    -Spam buying a tommygun to nonstop shoot (or such things), making points a game changing factor in the MIDDLE of combat.
    +Only way I can see a fix to this is adding a delay once you take or deal damage before purchases can be made in the shop (in combat).
    -"Why pay for loadouts?"
    -The rate at which you earn points on the server can sometimes seemingly make up for a need for loadouts. It would put a damper on you, but if you really wanted your loadout, it would be just a press of a button away now, instead of the annoyance of finding them and pressing the appropriate GUI buttons.
    +I don't this would actually create any noticable effect on donation amounts, I mean people are always saving for something (except the few like myself), the donations get you fun noises and models as well. In fact, to some it might start looking like donation is a way to save loadout points, which might make it more attractive, while making none donators feel slightly less bad.

I in the past got involved and help with the creation of the prop protection script. If it is terribly necessary, I wouldn't mind learning some LUA again and figuring out how to make this "in-combat" solution. If you ask around, you will get overwhelmingly positive responses to the idea of being able to bind shop purchases. Positive customer experience and feeling like their wants and desires not directly relating to money go noticed...that's incredibly important in running a truly successful and legendary business.

10. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

OMFG +1

Why are we not funding this?

11. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

KOS THE GUY IN THE SPIDERMAN OUTFIT. lol I'm V now, good luck finding me. +1

12. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

Haven't had any luck binding commands to my console. However, for the benefit of the doubt, I'll +1

13. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

+1 simply because I want to be able to buy frags at the press of a button.

14. Enigmatica

Two solutions:
    • Easy: Add a delay of 1-2 second between purchases.
    • Hard: In addition to the above, limit weapon purchases (not grenades) to 10 per round. And for grenades, if the player is still holding a grenade they purchased, disable purchasing of new grenades. Only if the player drops or uses the grenade will he or she be able to buy another one.
    I don't think taking damage would be a good solution to this.

Without loadouts, these weapons are not free.

If you buy a full loadout every round (primary, pistol, nade), without VIP, you can expect to spend almost 100 points a round. In a typical 30 minute map rotation, you would have earned 150-200 points while spending 600. It's a net loss. It may not seem like much to us vets who have huge stashes of points, but the newer players won't be able to afford this, especially with things like buying roles consuming much more points.

15. FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade Through victory, my chains are broken. VIP Emerald

Infinite +1

16. Apherix

Apherix VIP

So is this being worked on?

• Old Old x 1
  17. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Problem that I can see: someone switching between skins every millisecond. I mean it isn't game breaking, but with changing skins come changing hitboxes.

18. Apherix

Apherix VIP

I think they mentioned a cool down option that would prevent them from doing that. I could see that as a cause for concern, but not impossible to fix.

19. +1, pls.

20. Apherix

Apherix VIP

The only thing that is probably going to slow this down is that the point shop is click-based and someone would have to write new code for it.

And then some of you are going to say, " That's what loadouts are for".

It'd be nice to bind a key just in case you're out of ammo and need to buy something quickly.