Please read this.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Icey™, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should I leave this server?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Those aren't even the same laptop! The picture is a lie!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Emtech2

Emtech2 The worst ones always live VIP Silver Emerald

I think this one is a bit better.
    Note: For this to work you NEED to PREES the block button, not press, prees.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

I'm aghast by the fact that we ACTUALLY have people here that chase others away from this community

45.2%

Is this what we call a community?

Get a grip guys.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

More like half community doesn't care for internet babies who cry wolf for attention.

• Agree x 7
    • Friendly x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. But sometimes they are wrong and well
    It just doesnt look to good does it?
    Though I will say Icey is neither one or a victim, just a person hit with backlash? Don't know how to phrase it

7. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

Alright Icey I'm sure you've learned a lot from this post (I hope) and I hope you're not too discouraged by the community backlash that you've received.
    I got out of bed to make this post so here is my take on the situation:

First thing I wanted to address is apparently I'm an asshole and deserve to go through whatever it is you're going through.
    It's pretty clear that you're going through a depressive stage/suffering from depression/whatever the correct terminology is like I know. It seems like you're passively-aggressively including the issue of depression in some of your posts whether it be you're using it as an excuse, apologizing for it, or being a cry for help I'm not really sure.
    If you want help for your depression you could seek professional help and whatnot but if you want someone to talk to there's actually a thread dedicated to people that are always willing to listen/help you through whatever you're going through seen here:
    http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/serious-talks.19528/

Next point is what this post seems to be mainly address: the knee-jerk reaction of the community from your incredibly low quality post/posts? (tbh I can't remember anything besides the trainwreck that nominate staff was but we'll stick to focusing on that one)
    It seems like you took what people said to heart and while I could maybe understand where you're coming from you have to realize that you make a bad post and people are going to not take it seriously, and yeah there are definitely people that will come out of the woodwork to shit on you and your post but that's part of the internet. Freedom of speech right? You just really can't take what people say to heart and it's not going to seriously damage their reputation of you. They might think that you made a bad choice or think you're not the brightest person to ever hit the create thread button but that doesn't matter because how you view yourself is more important than how you're viewed by others.

For my final point I'd like to say that you really shouldn't give a shit about other people's opinions:

So we see here that someone has a negative opinion of me? So what do I do? I ask myself, who gives a shit. Not me.
    Everyone has a right to their opinion on the internet and people will express it regardless of the consequences it'll have on your emotions/feelings/whatever or maybe they don't understand the impact.
    Moral of the story: Look past the haters and realize that only you matter, think highly of yourself and no one in this damn community's opinion of you matters.

God damn I'm great.

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  8. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

you're finding the guy cyberbullying you's ip address and closing their laptop instead (as well as their life, with a knife)

anyways, i'm gonna tag @Drunk Dog and come back less sober if i wanna say something or something or whatever maybe idk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Jaysu

Jaysu BAMF VIP

Erh I might not have the rights to say anything about this but.... Isn't it better to either accept the criticism and move on or just straight up ignore it? There is no law saying that you have to read through every single bad comments. But I believe if people is talking shit about you, there is probably a reason why. If its about your post, I mean... come on it is yours. You are just being yourself, there is nothing to be sorry about. If it is about the posts' font color (really?), just change them, there is nothing wrong lol. Depression is just one of the stages you go through in life, I know how you feel, but there is no point being depressed about something you saw on the internet. In case you need some happiness, stare at my profile picture, or watch some cat videos, I think it will help.
    (I really hope this can help at least 0.05%)
    (I am too drunk for dis)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Looks like everything has already been said, honestly. You received a lot of great advice (as well as a lot of not-so-great advice), and it's just getting to the point where a lot of the advice posted is a combination of different points made in other posts (things that have already been said), or jokes and arguments There's really not much use commenting anymore unless you have something new to say, or we'll all just be repeating eachother.

If you want this thread locked up, let me or another staff member know.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

I'm sorry, what? That is absolute bullshit.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  12. poems hurt my head, but memes, memes connect with me.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. Change

Change VIP Bronze

I think there is allot of drama in this thread.
    All that you need now is just some time to relax and be kind to yourself.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    • Winner x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  14. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Just be me. Be one with the Cancer and nobody can touch you. Flaunt yourself and dont give a shit which loser rates your posts dumb or disagree.

Channel your inner Squidd+, Dont give a shit. :cool:

• Useful Useful x 2
  15. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

Look bud, i havent seen any of your other posts because ive been gone for a bit. But im gonna assume that what you say about not trying to be a shitposter or immature is true, because fuck yeah for optimism.
    But ill agree with you that the community can be unforgiving. There was some shit that happened almost a year ago, in which i sided with someone who wasnt on good terms with the community, and some people still treat me like shit for it.
    Regardless of what the community thinks of you, be yourself, because youll always find people who will be forgiving, youve just gotta look through all the bastards to find them

• Like Like x 1
  16. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

You do you, and let others be others. You can't let what other people say/do get you down. Until you realize this, you'll be blaming yourself for what other people say/do.

And honestly, it took me a long time to realize this. But I will assure you, just be yourself and ignore the haters. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Yea you're right @Mason @Sinz and I just love discussing the latest poets over tea and a nice calming game of league of legends.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Good reminder Mr. Rogers. We shall continue this discussion again in today's Poem Club meeting. I'll see you there sir.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  19. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Rogers and friends =/= sgmod community as a whole

this community is too large and varied for statements like "we dont want _____" or "we only come here for ______". Too many people with too many interests. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean the entire community dislikes it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Exactly. If she can speak for the whole community saying it's bullshit i can in saying that it is not. Just proving a point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.