PC build

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by BlueGalaxy, Jul 7, 2017.

1. MythMe

MythMe VIP

i suggest you use the free version of malware bytes. i have it currently and it'll do just fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Avast has been known to not catch every virus out there. So far I've heard they can only catch around 40% of viruses around while AVG has a 80% coverage over all the viruses out there and continues to be updated...
    Bitdefender is crap, I'm sorry it has no protection. I've already run across 50 computers that were riddled with viruses that had bitdefender and I've only been fixing computers for a month now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Will the 8GB DDR4 Gloway 2400MHz work with my build?

4. MythMe

MythMe VIP

Yes as it is ddr4 but note this has lower clock speed (2400, the current one has 3000) neverles it doesn't make alot of difference

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frost

Yeah he's right, I double checked the compatibility and it does :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Thank you.

7. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

8. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

Seems like it $100 over your budget.

9. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Eh I will be fine.

10. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Supporter

Sorry to break it to you, but you're wrong: https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/. I said AVG wasn't the best in my experience since it caused some slowdowns on other computers I've used (hence the lower performance score in the link). Also, saying Bitdefender is crap instantly discredits you since I've personally used it and have had no problems, not to mention the top-marks it gets in AV tests.

To OP: Keep in mind that Amazon Prime Day is coming up, so if you have a Prime subscription, keep your eyes peeled for any good deals on computer parts.

12. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Do you guys have any recommendations on a mechanical gaming keyboard that is nice but doesn't cost $100+?

13. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Supporter

What kind of mechanical keyswitch do you like? For example, for Cherry MXs, there are: Blues (have a loud click and noticeable tactile feel), Browns (like Blues but not nearly as clicky and it is quieter), Red (basically no tactile bump and is linear).
    Here is a keyboard from Corsair: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-STRA...8&sr=8-6&keywords=corsair+mechanical+keyboard

14. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

15. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Browns. I don't wanna have people hearing me typing on my mic.

16. Frost

Say what ya wanna say that "discredits" me but I've seen it.
    I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't come across it.
    I'm no fanboy, I go to what is currently best, me and my cousins (who are PC techs, and have been for years) know what they're talking about because they've experienced it. (and those 50 computers didn't lie either w/ those trojans, PUPs and the rest of those fancy things)
    If it works for you, good for you. but theres also that issue where viruses that hide from Anti-Viruses too..lol so rip
    But this is my experience and my words, I don't think you've repaired computers.

It's up to him, I personally don't care if he takes the option I gave him or not, not my life.

17. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

18. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Supporter

Saying it is crap though is harsh. In the past, maybe I could say it was. However, in the past few years, Bitdefender has dramatically improved. Maybe all the problems that you or your cousins experiences were in the past with the older versions of BD. Also, if you're wondering, I'm using KIS right now from BD since I had a key laying around.

19. Frost

I'll look into it with my cousin, and possibly so.
    I haven't seen the new update.

20. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Supporter

Mhm, hence why I provided the av-test.org link.