Past time for the dead

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Hamaskhan, May 5, 2016.

1. Hamaskhan

Hamaskhan VIP

I would like to suggest a past time for the dead. It was thinking hangman or trivia. I have seen it many times in other server, I'm not sure if this is a good idea and was hoping for some feedback and your opinions. By this I mean when someone dies and must spectate for the rest of the round, it's really boring, so instead of spectating others having fun while you are dead, or taking control of props and what not. You could play trivia or hangman, I'll try to find a link to explain it or even record some gameplay of it soon.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Mind searching for some links so we can get a idea of what it would look like or would it be custom coded? @Hamaskhan

3. Hamaskhan

Hamaskhan VIP

Sure ill try to find one soon. I'll record it maybe and show you guys

4. Xaxago

Xaxago "Goodbye Mike"-Eleven VIP

I think this could be interesting +1

5. Doremey

Doremey VIP

Do you mean something like this?
    +1 to the Hangman idea, but IMO trivia would get old pretty quickly if the amount of questions wasn't big enough.

6. Hamaskhan

Hamaskhan VIP

7. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

It could be cool, unless it has a lot of bugs. If there is a legit version, That actually has lots of categories, Then +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

I do recall some maps having prop obstacle courses hidden that only the dead could access, which are pretty cool. Maybe if there were volunteers for that sorta thing, there could be some updates to the existing maps to include those.

+1 to the idea in general though. DM does get kinda laggy, so it's not always the most sensible solution for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

I just thought of something too. Gambling!

But seriously though. In fun rounds at the very least, I do see people who spectate and then, as a joke or in a serious fashion, offer up a certain amount of points in favor of a particular player. It'd be fun for spectators to vote their points into players, or maybe teams in the event of TDM, and have a way to get all those points reliably together.

Of course, figuring out the details and such would be a nightmare, so it'd depend how many people actually used the betting.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

There was talk about a betting system from highwon himself but that was before upgrades werw added, it was also suggested a good bit.

11. Doremey

Doremey VIP

If they implemented gambling, I'd lose all my points in the first day.
    +100

12. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

The old server I was a part of had a tic-tac-toe game where you could challenge other dead players and earn points for winning, this would be a cool addition.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

I recall something similar to that, though, I think it was like, blackjack on Jailbreak or something. It was kinda interesting. Maybe if it were fleshed out a little more, it'd be fun. Since the only way you currently can get points on the server, aside from fun rounds and lotteries, it begging or just playing the game for hours on end. Something to do in your time in spectator would be neato to try to boost that up.

14. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

A different server (with cases and legit money sometimes involved) had a pixel mmorpg minigame to play while dead. I can see and try to talk to an old friend who was an admin on there if he knows anything about it.

15. Fransiee [Flatsh]

Fransiee [Flatsh] Active Member

YES 100% yes. Of course the function of this wouldn't be 100% necessary but something small extra... I mean sure, why not.
    with the gambling people would be able to use their points, so normal players could use their points on more then just the loterry and the crowdbar.

16. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Unless you're playing these games against other players in the server...cant you just alt+tab to google?

Even then you can play with friends...

Just seems it could cause uneeeded lag/script problems because people are...bored?

17. Fransiee [Flatsh]

Fransiee [Flatsh] Active Member

obviously, when it has a negative effect on the gameplay. they shouldn't do it. it might even force the server host to expand their server and having to invest more money. not sure if that is worth it.
    But yea.. if that is not the case then.. why not?