Party Abilities (Other suggestions welcome) EDIT: Lets get Factions!

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Should we Add Factions?

1. No, Just make parties more advanced, Like in the origonal post.

5.9%
  2. No, Factions and Parties are pure evil.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes. Let us unite in glory!

88.2%
  4. No, Lets do Towny instead!

5.9%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

With the pvp only at night, we don't have to worry about to vicious of a power struggle, and we can already get parties of people stronger than anyone else!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

You've complained about getting targeted in the past right? With factions I wouldn't be surprised if you logged on one day and your base was destroyed as that's just the nature of the game.

Or are you suggesting having factions and the current Grief Prevention (land claiming) we have now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lately a few people have been a bit upset about the PvP cycle saying it's gotten rid of a lot of the pvpers, or has no effect at all for the most part, I dunno if it will stay a thing or not but that's for another thread if it becomes an issue to discuss.

And maybe if something like what's being talked about here is added we can possibly have peaceful factions as well? Or whatever :p might help give the player the ability to choose between wanting PvP or not

(Edit: also from my experience factions is a very PvP based plugin, any big server I've been on that has factions, I always find it consisting of pvpers)

4. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Yes, we could keep the current Grief Prevention that we have now. Factions would just be a way to enhance the party system

5. That would just lead to using towny tbh as it protects against griefing as well, might not be too bad of an idea if it's thought thoroughly and doesn't promote abuse;)

6. Jägermeister

Jägermeister VIP Emerald

For the people that are certainly going to state something along the lines of "X doesn't fit the theme or complex nature of the server", individual parts of Factions (or any plugin) can be disabled with a proper permissions setup. For example, if the server decided to disable the claiming functionality of Factions, the admins could add the permission node "-factions.claim" and "-factions.claim.*". In a permissions file, "-" disables anything put in front of it.

I +1 this suggestion as long as three conditions are met:
    1. GriefPrevention isn't fucked with any further than it already is.
    2. The claiming functionality of Factions is disabled.
    3. Faction homes are unable to be set within 100 blocks of a claim you are not the owner of, as this could be abused as a teleport system for mass raids.
    Additionally, I can think of the following reasons this would be beneficial to server ecosystem keeping my previous suggestions in mind:
    • Shared banking between players that are in good terms.
    • Better organise war and PvP meta.
    • Allow easier organisation of settlements, PvP groups and other groups.
    • PvP groups may benefit from the friendly fire feature of Factions.
    • Allow better organisation of alliances and wars between groups.
    • Better logging of combat for use by admins, which is the largest source of cancer in this community.
    I can think of the following reasons why the server would suffer from this change in server meta:
    • The server may become more combat-focused, which would lead PvP groups such as Kasta's to become more cancerous due to the stigma commonly associated with Factions and it's surrounding meta.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Adix99

Adix99 Ex-Moderator Emerald

As someone who ran a server for almost 2 years I personally loved owning a Faction server, and so did my player base. We had 96,000 unique members, and nearly 90-120 players on daily. I mean the statistics speak for themselves, go look at the top Minecraft servers and tell me what they all are. "FACTIONS" ! The server would grow immensely & gain a lot of revenue this way. I understand that there may be some players that do not like Factions, but how about we make a second world. "PVE Survival" This would and can solve all the problems we face now.

• Agree Agree x 1