1. Hello Guest! We'd like to invite you to join our Discord server. Join now and meet new people, discuss anything and everything, and have some fun with the community. All it takes is two clicks!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the SGM Community forums, Guest!

We're glad to have you on board. Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to the community in our Introductions Forum? We'd love to get to know you!

If you're looking for information or help, please check out the New Users Guide where you can find all the details you need about our community, servers and the staff.

We hope you will enjoy your stay here in SGM! It's going to be fun.

Sticky Opalcraft: Community Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Opalium, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Echo

Echo 404 User not found. VIP

No, same reason why the watch of flowing time is banned. (uses too many resources)

2. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Owner Developer VIP Silver

[​IMG]

The Open Market is developing pretty well so far!
    We're adding more plots today, so this is your chance to get your own if you haven't got one yet.

Also, since many players are asking me this recently:
    Even if you never played modded Minecraft or haven't played in a long time, don't hesitate to give Opalcraft a go. Yes, there are a lot of mods and it may feel overwhelming at first, but you can take your time and progress at any pace you'd like. The other players and the staff are always happy to help you out - we're a very friendly bunch - and there are also a lot of great YouTube tutorials and such for almost all of the mods.

In other words: Give it a try! We'll be glad to have you with us, and you might find a new favorite server!

Lastly, for the Vanilla lovers and lower-end computer owners between us - there is some interesting news coming up your way. Stay tuned...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I didn't know this was a thing! Yay!

4. Someone send halp. Everytime I click the download link in the post for the mudpack it saves to my computer but then there's nothing to open, no apps or nothing so I try opening it with internet explorer, that just saves it again.. What am I doing wrong?

5. Opalium

Perhaps your anti-virus is deleting the download? Try disabling it temporarily and trying again.
    Make sure you are click "Save" and not "Open". You need the launcher actually saved somewhere (like your Desktop for example)

6. Ok yeah so I save it, then it didn't say I have any apps available to open with (I had installed Java SE Runtime Environment 8 prior - right one?), so I tried opening it with Internet Explorer then deleted it and tried to download it again but it keeps downloading as an IE file.

7. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

New Tools to Find Server Lag?
    With regards to the recent lag issues on the server and Opalium's ongoing efforts to trace their location (detailed in Discord chat), I began to wonder if there was a mod out there that could allow us regular players to find "lag causers" or "tps killers"... and after some searching I think I found the perfect mod:
    Link: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/laggoggles
    It's called LagGoggles
    [​IMG]
    What do you think?

Additionally, @Opalium I believe I may have found another mod called "Sampler" which by the sounds of it may give you additional tools in your arsenal during your lag hunting expeditions. Hopefully it can help you diagnose those lag problem areas with more accuracy and in less time.​

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Opalium

In case you aren't following the Discord channel, Opalcraft was updated to v1.1.2 yesterday!
    This is mostly a maintenance update, but there's some new stuff too.
    • New mods:
    • Updated mods:
      • Draconic Evolution
      • EnderIO
      • EnderStorage
      • Environmental Tech
      • Forge Multipart
      • Biomes O' Plenty
      • woot
      • IndustrialCraft
      • Thaumcraft
      • Blood MAgic
      • NetherEx
      • Natura
      • MoCreatures
      • Binnie's Mods
      • Actually Additions
      • HammerCore
      • ExtraUtils
      • Refined Storage
    • Other
      • We also finally fixed the strange lag issues we encountered and many crashes, and the server is now lag-free again.
      • Finally, with the generous help of @PixeL, we now have our own custom-made logging plugin which will allow us to track every single action done in the world, to ensure players are safe from griefing and other harms.

Enjoy Opalcraft! (Bring your friends too ;))

• Winner Winner x 3