Opalcraft: Community Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Opalium, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Alright so far there are a few issues
    The claiming system is stupid af, I can only appear to claim a ~10x10 area which is no where near a proper FTB base.

There are random blank lines posted to chat

This "pvp system" that disables dropping items / opening chests makes no sense, remove / disable.

2. Darragh

Darragh VIP

I gotta agree with you on this, I really liked the old system on FTB, although that wasn't at all PvP oriented. It was just simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I talked to opal it grows with the time you play on the server. (y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

@Opalium my main man. Servers down atm.

5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

TFW server launched without an auto restart script.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. The Law

I'm taking a big risk posting this here, but I need to let the truth out. And the truth ain't pretty. You see, it all started back when @CrownedWings rescued an injured parrot. He nursed that poor parrot back to health and they developed a strong bond with each other. They went everywhere together, they were inseparable, he loved that parrot like family- I think he even named it... "Quackie Chan" *sobs*. But all that changed when CrownedWing left the server and @Zypther took his chance to murder it in cold blood. It only took a moment for Zypther to take away the one thing Crowned held dearest. Zypther would have you all believe the parrot just got up and flew away. And as witness to the crime, I was beaten and threatened with death should I ever speak of what truly happened. But I could not keep the truth silent any longer, I needed to expose Zypther for the monster he really is. So here is the video of that fateful day...

And that evil laugh at the end; does that sound like a man who has any remorse for what he has done?

~ Crowned, I am truly sorry I wasn't able to stop him. The mad lust in his eyes as he turned to the parrot paralysed me, I couldn't move from the fear of what I knew he was about to do.

RIP Quackie Chan
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Zypther

MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

@Zypther HE WAS ONLY A CHILD! (tbh im actually abit sad since I loved finding a parrot so soon.)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Zypther

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!
    [​IMG]

DUNN DUNN DUNNNN

• Confusing Confusing x 3
  10. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Apologies. Seems like the restart script failed. It's up again now!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

GriefPrevention is a well known system. You get more claim area the longer you play. You can get up to 10k blocks worth of area given enough time. You can also sell/buy those.

The blank lines are from the chat plugin, I'm already looking into it.

The pvplogger is meant just for that - prevent PVP cheating. It's a 10 seconds cool down from the moment you entered combat with another player.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

doesn't seem worth the downsides but /shrug

how do we claim chunks in the cheapest manner

13. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. VIP

play the game. i think it's set to 100 blocks a hour. that is 10 by 10 space every hour. it's 2D so you can ignore height.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Guess I can afk for extra chunk claims, but this doesnt help with chunk loading.

This new pvp system is dumb af, I was working around my base and accidentally punched my friend, then mined my smeltery casting table and it voided the fucking table, had to remake a new one. If you're really that concerned about hackers dont disable the mod but turn off these retarded settings.

15. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Yeah I don't get how voiding an item can help PvP. If anything I can use it to abuse stuff. I place an important block or something, break it while in pvp so a guy can't have it.

Otherwise I ain't gonna be the one to sit here and complain. Good server so far.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Walker

Walker Hell yeah VIP

17. The Law

It could be a timing out issue. I get the same thing when I teleport to homes, etc. Is your internet download speed slow?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  18. Walker

Walker Hell yeah VIP

90mbps with constant connection. Ive tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling but nothing seems to be working

19. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

As much as its annoying to keep saying the same thing over and over, allocate more ram. Adjust your video settings very low in the menu before connecting, your game is taking so long to connect to the server and render everything or connect in general it force disconnects you

20. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Me and the law had this exact same issue, wifi speed doesn't really affect it much.
    You can fix it by first making sure you have the correct java version 8 installed, there's a link on the op
    Turn up your ram to 6500 of you've got only 8GB and close every other program on your PC bar mabye Spotify and discord. Don't have chrome open doing this lmao.
    Then when you join, as xpro said, reduce every setting to the minimum AND temporarily put your FOV To 30 (the lowest) as well. But don't touch mipmap settings or connected textures, they will crash your game and your PC respectively.
    When you get on, don't move, just leave the world load, and keep trying.
    To prevent this, don't /home somewhere really far into unloaded chunks. That will cause this again, and you'll need to repeat a few of the steps above.

I mean that's all idk lol
    :);):p:ROFLMAO:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.