Dev Online Damagelogs (Sorta)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by My Dime Is Up, Dec 14, 2016.

1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Hello everyone,

I'm back again! I'm currently going into Highschool and I go to a private school so we aren't getting that much homework since they want us focusing on high school stuff (I'm already done with this stuff so I have a BUNCH of extra time) so I've been working on an online RDM Reporting system. You guys can check the links later in the post to try it out.

I've had a couple of ideas and instead of keeping this private to myself, I thought I'd release it to the SGM community once I finish developing it. Currently, these are things I need to work on:
    • Login system (Seeing previously made reports in say, a dashboard)
    • Improving the UI (Still want to keep the Gmod derma theme (Maybe a theme changer?)
    • Inputting damagelogs and converting

Currently to have damagelogs show up they way they do (Colorful and broken down into their own table) you have to copy logs from console then paste them into a program like Sublime or Atom, then use the multi-line select tool and move your way along by adding "," to every new table column. Then copy + paste your formatted code into a CSV converter which converts it to HTML table code, then do all the coloring yourself. Then your done.

Painful, I know. I'm currently trying to work with javascript to automatically format the text by searching each row and finding clues like if it sees a "{name} damaged {name}" it will automatically format it to add the "DMG" event type and so on. So basically you just copy from the console and submit, and thats all.

Let me know of any ideas you'd like to see!

Submit Report (Public until login is created (Which everything will be encrypted)): http://petersav.com/reports/submit_rpt.php

View Report (1st use of this new RDM Manager): http://petersav.com/reports/index.php?rpt_id=1

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ragman

Ragman hool-moh-goh-bow-bigga-bogga-walnum-bodgish-misjoo Banned VIP+

This could be pretty cool! Could aid with forum reports if implemented correctly. Would love to check it out but it seems like the first link is broken

3. My Dime Is Up

I have the signup system in place now. I just need to setup a better homepage and work on the console logs to HTML table and it should be good to go (Besides some other minor design changes)

• Like Like x 2
  4. My Dime Is Up

If someone knows JavaScript or jQuery really well, please add me on steam. I'm in a bit of a pickle with converting the ttt console logs to HTML table.

5. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

@my dime is up

6. My Dime Is Up

Yes? :p

7. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Oh wow, there you are lol. I thought you had something like this already programmed.

You'd need a fast way to organize the SQL data, because it'd get slow pretty quickly.

Also you need the access to the SQL data lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. My Dime Is Up

My SQL is pretty fast. I made a dashboard for a YouTuber who has over 4k submissions (Rounded but no joke) and page loads less than 2 seconds. www.mrbeast6000.com (Design is bad I know, dashboard is nice though)

• Like Like x 1
  9. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

Hey, this looks awesome! Nice work.
    Although, website looks a little odd on Mobile and there seems to be an error as of now:
    [​IMG]

Don't know if youre aware of it, or if I just broke something lol.

10. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

When you first made the thread, there were 3 reports in the "Previously submitted reports", and now there is only 1. Forum reports arent always done within a days time, hell some arent even completed in a weeks time (not talking shit, some things happen).

Did you mean for the reports to be automatically deleted after a short period of time? If so, do you plan on extending that time, or keeping it the same?

11. My Dime Is Up

This may of happened due to database editing and optimization. This will no longer happen. Apologies for the inconvenience. Check the changelog above.

12. My Dime Is Up