Approved Nova King's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Nova King, Feb 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nova King

Nova King New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Novah Centurian of the Garrison
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:54736848
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I didn't know telling a new player to buy radar was ghosting. if i was trying to ghost i wouldn't have told the mods on what i told the new player. Moleman decided it was ok at first, then like 5 rounds later banned me for ghosting. The round was taking forever and it was that new player and pokeben left. both basically delaying. I didn't think giving a new player advice is ghosting. so my bad. but i dont understand why he was cool with it first then flipped the script later.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I didn't know telling a new player to buy radar was ghosting. if i was trying to ghost i wouldn't have told the mods on what i told the new player. Moleman decided it was ok at first, then like 5 rounds later banned me for ghosting. The round was taking forever and it was that new player and pokeben left. both basically delaying. I didn't think giving a new player advice is ghosting. so my bad. but i dont understand why he was cool with it first then flipped the script later.​

2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Moleman has been notified

3. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

I've seen this. Give me a few minutes to gather evidence.

4. AaWolly

AaWolly VIP

I witnessed the events leading up to this ban, there where two players left in round when this happened, a brand new player as a T and a seasoned inno, it went into OT and and we where all waiting for the round to end but the T did not know what he was doing, Novah said what he was going to do and told the brand new T to buy a radar which he did not do because he probably did not see the msg. at first, Novah and Moleman agreed this was not ghosting because no player was notified who, what, or where the other player was. the T was notified multiple times to start traiting. I believe this is a grey area ban and an appeal should be reviewed.

5. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

I'm just here to say that I'll respond to this when I'm home as I'm somewhat related to this (y)

6. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

So everything has been discussed and explained to all parties, but Ill explain it here too. What he did was ghosting for a couple reasons:
    1) Telling someone what to do absolutely has the potential to influence the round
    2) The player did, in fact, purchase a radar (I have no proof if the purchase was before or after the message, but I'd hazard a guess that it was after since he was wondering around aimlessly before)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is what I had said in our staff channel, as I believe it is what happened here:
    [​IMG]
    The that, of course, being messaging players things like "buy a radar."

In most minor infractions like this, I normally push staff to reduce or accept the appeal, but seeing as I wasnt actually there for the event, I cant say if this appeal should be accepted, and will leave that decision up to Moleman.

7. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

Alrighty, so I'm here to input a scenario that happened like a couple of minutes before the ban,

so in the video, I'm here being myself asking if some random was proven or not and I get pmed by Nova to shoot the dude who is in front of me. Now you could argue that he was telling staff to shoot, but my extremely poor and weak and horrible counterargue to that is that Nova does know how to use admin chat and didn't use it for this instance. So shown in the clip floof/virunas says to you that you could've pmed titan which ya didn't do and pmed me, the alive player in front of the afk player to shoot em.
    By Ryan's standards it would be considered ghosting, and I left you a warning (which you probably didn't understand my apologies I will change to say directly on what you shouldn't do and not some dumb comment). I'm not that harsh with bans and felt like to warn you instead of banning you right there because I'm just nice.

That's all I have to input, it's non-related to Moleman's instance but it's still a ghosting instance that happened previously before your ban.

8. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Hey nova. While my recording is uploading I'll go ahead and discuss this. Disclaimer: demo doesn't record my own voice for whatever reason.

Pokeben and Tinman were the last two players alive, Tinman being your T-buddy. Tinman was kind of wandering around aimlessly (we had warned not to delay, but he wasn't intentionally delaying). In dead VC (00:25 in the video) you said, "I PM'ed Tinman 'Buy fucking radar idiot'". He clearly acknowledged you sent this, then bought radar and used it to try and find pokeben.

Initially I was a bit conflicted, which is why I flipped between agreeing and disagreeing with you a few times (sorry for the mixed messages) so I just consulted with Ryan over whether it was ghosting or not. He said yes, so I banned.

As Ryan so helpfully illustrated in his post, sending any message that could influence the round is considered ghosting. This includes giving a living player advice on what to do. You argued that "ghosting would be me telling him where Pokeben is, where to go, what to do" however I'm not sure how that changes anything since you did in fact tell him what to do.

While your message didn't change the overall outcome of the round (let's be honest here, that radar did not help him at all), it did still have an influence on the round. With this in mind, and the fact that you clearly weren't aware this was ghosting, I'll reduce your ban to two weeks from 4 weeks. In the future, please be careful about what you say to living players. Even something seemingly small can affect the round. This is only a local ban so keep this in mind while you play on any of our other servers.

This thread will now be locked. Please feel free to PM me here or on discord if you have any questions or concerns or fun conversation starters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.