No matter how far it is to the top, it's still within my grasp!

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Graze, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I didn’t think there would be as many tears as there are right now, but they keep coming and I really can’t stop them from doing so.

I’m posting here today to give a formal account of my resignation from my administrative position. I’m going to be inhibited by my schoolwork and career this current semester, something that I haven’t put enough time into recently, and I have to direct my attention to where it matters more. This unfortunately means leaving the community behind for a little while while I get the rest of my life on track, something that I’ve had to think about far too much, and I painfully have to let go.

It’s strange to think how I ended up as a staff member to start out with. For those of you who don’t know: I hate making people unhappy. It’s how I was raised and how I was taught; and coming to a community like this as a staff member means that occasionally you’re going to have to ban those kids who don’t know what they’re doing on Vanilla or the guy who accidentally blew up 3 people with a barrel but really didn’t mean harm from it. I hated doing that. I hated slaying people who said that they were sorry in reports and I hated banning them even more. Note that this isn’t to say that I disagree with the rules on this topic or didn’t follow them, but my heart just isn’t in it. I think SGM and my time here helped to teach me about that everyone doesn’t always end up happy and that there isn’t really a good solution to everything. Sometimes someone is going to be upset and there isn’t really anything that you can do about it.

I love these servers so much. They have given me wonderful moments that I’ll never forget, and they’ve given me friends that I will always remember. They aren’t perfect, but they don’t need to be in my eyes for them to be something worth protecting.

If there’s anything that I want to go out on, know that no matter who you are in this community, I appreciate you. To all staff, past and present I thank you for the work that you’ve put in and the time and dedication that you’ve shown to the people on our servers. To the regulars and everyone else; thanks for being the people that make us all be able to be here. We couldn’t be here without a player-base and for that I will always be thankful.

Thank you all.

- Graze

• Friendly Friendly x 66
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. The most dedicated staff, you'll be missed :(
    rip night staff team.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Thanks for your time staffing here, Graze. I didn't get to know you that well during your time here, but I've had nothing but positive experiences with you on the servers. Hope things go well for you in your current semester and with your career.

Hope you'll check in from time to time, and that you'll come on the server to hang out when you get a break. And maybe, someday, you'll be able to give staffing here another go. Until then, best of luck with wherever life takes you!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Been in the same boat of needing to put other things first - you will prevail, and you will be missed. Best of luck with the journey set before you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

You did great.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rhienor

Rhienor Integrity VIP

Forever #001 staff member.
    Stay safe and good luck with your future endeavours!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

Awh, I was just talking to you not long ago :(

No matter what, I've not heard or seen a single bad thing about you. It's clear you did your best and put everything forth in your adminship. Good luck with school and with everything going forward.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

I don't even know what to put right here, quite honestly. You'll hear more from me on other platforms.

Good luck wherever fate may take you. I'll be waiting here when you're kicking back at life. I love you, fam.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

Nono, where's my tag???

Mate, thank you ever so much for giving me that second chance as mod. I wish you all the best in your academic year. Don't be a stranger and just come and see your ol bulbasaurs once in a while

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jaysu

Jaysu BAMF VIP

Thanks for the training while I was a trial. Hope that you can come back soon.
    Keep being awesome :>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ruby

Ruby Turn your wounds into wisdom Banned VIP Silver Emerald

Thank you for everything you have done for us. Take as long as you need, we'll be here.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ichikunjii

Ichikunjii Vous avez changé VIP Iron

"Yo Graze, what the hell dude. Smh."

I remember first looking at the forums one night and this dude going ham on these forum reports. "What a guy?" I thought. I eventually joined the staff team and met you. You were a great guy to hang around and chat with. I'll never forget the time you introduced me to BoxerPete when I still played League (was fun while it lasted).

It seems school has claimed another great member of both the staff team and community. I hope you achieve all that you hope to do and good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

You did a great job as an admin and really exceeded my expectations!

Take care and enjoy your time away from SGM!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

Good bye benevolent Graze.

I wish you the best in the future, and it is deeply saddening to see you go.

Unfortunately, I did not spend much time with you on the servers maybe once or twice, but I had wished we had played more often. Truly said, "You never know the true value of something, before you lose it."

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

Thank you for all the hard work and dedication Graze. I fondly recall the many conversations we had throughout our journey as moderators and admins. Come back when you are ready :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

While I didn't know you personally I've heard plenty of good things about you and it's always sad to see an admin step down anyway. I hope you'll be happy with what you're going to do now and that you'll return some time in the future. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Good luck graze, you are a hell of a guy with a true ambition for anything you put your heart and mind to. Stay that way bud, and you'll go far.

Take care!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Dude you were a good friend and a good staff member. The day you got admin made me feel joyful when I learned of it. Sad to see you leave, but good to see you take a step to dealing with your life. Hope to see you succeed in your future. Keep in touch!

Crown

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Graze. My friend.
    It is rare to see someone of your dedication and passion, who sinks his whole heart and mind into the task he has in hand. Someone with so much to offer, both professionally and socially. Someone with such incredible loyalty and drive to do what they believe is right, at all costs.
    It has been a pleasure working with you, both as a fellow admin and, later on, as your lead admin. But it has been an even greater pleasure having you as a friend, someone I can trust. Someone to inspire me and help me make the right decisions. From my first days around here, when you trained me as a fresh trial mod, to nowadays where your thoughts and suggestions helped me make the decisions that shape our community as a whole.
    Obviously this is not a goodbye, and like we said earlier, I am hoping to see you once again among us in the future.
    It's been a heck of a ride. I'll miss you a lot, man.

Take care, and best of luck with whatever comes next for you in life. I'm sure you'll do just as great as you did here.

~Opalium

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Nefarious ✿

Nefarious ✿ Lost 2 VIP

I want to thank you for bringing out my potential as a moderator. I will always be grateful for all the things you've done to me. Come back soon Bulba :cry:

• Friendly Friendly x 2