Denied Nitenox's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Nitenox, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitenox

Nitenox Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    PewPewThenQQ
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:55084417
    Which Server:

Why you should be unbanned:
    I did nothing..
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I have none because I was banned randomly for "Toxic Loophole History" (You cannot ban me for having a history, that is completely ridiculous.)

Besides this random ban, my so-called "history" is completely clean for the past 7 months, a timeframe in which I have not been banned for any reason and received only a few slays for mistakes on my end.
    I am a donator and am fairly liked by many people so I have no idea what is going on here. I was globally banned for 6 months.​

2. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

You were globally banned by @Rozboon for loopholing/toxic behavior with an abusive history. He will respond when he is next available.

EDIT: Change of plans, I will be presenting the evidence I have directly. One moment.

3. Miss Alice

Demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ordfxtntyailew1/12716Highrise.dem?dl=0
    Conversation: http://imgur.com/a/t458z

Your behavior aside, you were dishonest when responding to me regarding a kill of yours. I had personally witnessed you propkill a Detective without purpose and issued a slay, as I had all the necessary information to do so. You had claimed that he threw a prop at you first, however, he hadn't done so, I could confirm that without reviewing my demo, and there were no other grounds to kill him on, as you cannot claim crossfire in that situation either. Upon reviewing the demo I had of the incident, the prop thrown in that area prior to you killing him was actually thrown by you as well, and there were several points in the round before that where you were actively trying to propkill other users. Upon seeing this, I sent an Administrator the evidence I had against you, given your very poor history consisting of more than a year's worth of ban time.

With my evidence and story given, I will leave it to Rozboon to close this appeal when he returns.

4. Nitenox

Nitenox Member

You are suggesting that banning me for 6 months globally for propkilling one person and asking if you are sexually attracted to me is a just punishment? Wow. Not quite. That's deserving of a slay (which I did receive, twice for some reason) and a warning, if not a mute. Not a global 6 month ban. So this is just nonsensical.

5. Miss Alice

The issue is that you were dishonest. You were trying to abuse the rules to avoid a slay. This is known as loopholing and is taken very seriously here. We don't tolerate that kind of dishonesty, let alone the toxic behavior that accompanied it.

6. Nitenox

Nitenox Member

The problem is is that you slayed me during a round, did not ask me what happened or why I propkilled him, and you can't possibly know if he tried to propkill me out of sight of you. You slayed me DURING A ROUND WITHOUT ASKING ME FOR MY SIDE. That's bad staffing and I reacted to it as I used to manage staff on DarkRP servers and am very sensitive to abuse.

7. Nitenox

Nitenox Member

There is no excuse for slaying me during a round without asking for my side. NO excuse.

8. Miss Alice

I did not need your side of the story as I was a direct witness to it. There were two props thrown in that area. The first thrown by a user with a non-Detective model (Later found to be you), and the second, also thrown by you, killing the Detective. It should also be pointed out that I entered from the same area that the Detective did. I had a decent enough viewpoint to act with the information I already had.

9. Nitenox

Nitenox Member

I'll say this again: There is no excuse for slaying me during a round without asking for my side. There could have been something you did not see or understand. You killed me and then IMMEDIATELY added a slay to me after I had died, while you were still alive and just standing there.

10. Miss Alice

In a scenario where a Moderator is a direct witness to a case of RDM such as this, a slay may be issued without a report being filed prior to that, and without directly asking the person for their side. You propkilled a Detective, and it was beyond a reasonable doubt that you had no valid reason to do so. No further information was required, and a slay was issued.

11. Nitenox

Nitenox Member

Again, there could have been something you did not see that happened earlier in the round.. Or something that happened that you didn't understand. How can you be sure that you saw literally every part of the incident..? Either way, I wasn't deserving of a 6 month global ban. This is just ridiculous.

12. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

As Alice's Admin.

While we give players a chance to defend themselves on reports, it is not required for staff to give a report to you. As can show when people randomly crowbar others at the start or the round, or damage innos right away. Alice had shot you because you had killed the Detective with a prop, checked your body, confirmed you were Inno. Even in the case if the Detective had thrown the prop at you, hypothetically speaking, you wouldn't be able to kill the Detective unless they had damaged you first.

Source : Here

Reviewing the demo does indeed show the grounds for the slay was justified. Alice did not assume you had RDM'd and took the proper course of action by bringing it to the attention to an admin after you tried to say the Detective tried to kill you, when the demo shows they did not.

Rozboon is the one who decided upon your ban length, not Alice. If Rozboon felt it was justified due to your history to make it 26w, That is Rozboon's choice, not Alice.

Let us wait for Rozboons reply in why the ban was so long.

Thank you for your time.

13. Miss Alice

If you had propkilled a Detective for something that happened earlier in the round, that would mean that he was no longer an active danger to you and you killed him for no reason other than technically being able to. This is also loopholing, and you would be slain anyway for it.

14. Nitenox

Nitenox Member

My "history"... My so called history which has my latest ban (besides a couple karma bans) as 8 months ago?

44d2516db8f60609783e5041df5b73e0.png

15. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Rozboon issued your ban. That is up to him to explain, not Alice.

Alice provided the reasoning why, Rozboon is the one who decides the length.

Once more, please be patience as Rozboon explains the reasoning and we thank you for your time.

16. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Hello @Nitenox

I received the demo this morning to review, to which I concluded that you did in fact loophole out of a slay and handled it very inappropriately, with just those 2 things it would have been a shorter ban (around a month) but due to your toxic behaviour both in the past (which granted your previous bans) and that you have not only decided to carry on after you were unbanned, but amplified severely, I decided to go ahead with another 6 month ban to hopefully make you realize that your behaviour is not tolerated. I also suggest leaving Alice out of this as she did not have any weighing in on the ban length and only provided the evidence for the decision.

As for now your appeal will be denied, if you would like to talk more about this, please feel free to pm me on the forums.

17. This appeal shall be reopened pending further investigation

18. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

After speaking with the Leads, it has been decided that your ban will be lowered to 2 months, if you have any further questions please feel free to PM me on the forums or any of the leads/owner.

Ban appeal denied but reduced.

19. After speaking with Darktooth and Highwon we have decided to localize your ban to the original server you were banned on.

Ban: Reduced
    Appeal: Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.