New Rule on AFKS using scripts/console command

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Juice Juice™, Oct 17, 2016.

?

Does this seem like a good rule?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes, if altered

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Let's say 1 t remains.

That T is the one doing burnouts

5 peopel alive

that t doing nuthin

he's delayin, punished.

2. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

And if you're reasoning for not making something a rule is because trolls might do it, that should by definition make it a necessary rule. If you don't want trolls to do something, make it illegal for them to do.

3. Juice Juice™

Lets say there isn't a mod on for 15 maps and you keep having this guy delay, day after day after day.

4. CorallocinB

forum report

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Robokiller seems to get exactly how this is handled. You made a forum report on the issue already.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Juice Juice™

So your solution is to wait until they have done this obviously dissaproved act MULTIPLE times, and only then maybe ban them

7. CorallocinB

Yea. That's sort of how everything is dealt with by the rules.

Loopholing, RDM, spamming, etc. Multiple times.

8. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Honestly, yes. What they are doing is delay. Our servers have a ruling that was given to us on how to handle delay. If a mod is getting on the server to spectate them in the first place it solves the issue then and there. The ban for this type of thing would not be a long one either. It would be somewhere between 8 hours and 24 hours. It would also be local so there is room for them to do it again for more evidence to have against them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Juice Juice™

So basically, they are free to delay and screw with the servers under the current rules, and you want to keep it that way, to the detriment of any player that comes across them, for hours at a time, and one that will result in slays if we the players try to deal with it when no mods are on.

10. Juice Juice™

This isn't just somebody delaying a round or two. These are people who spend 10, 20, 30 maps just afk, and we the players cant do a single thing about it, and your solution is to wait until they have delayed hundreds of hours before we can properly address the problem

Edit: I don't know why you are disagreeing. that is exactly what he just said would happen, and is exactly what they are doing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I forced this player to spectate last night, as he was clearly away from the keyboard (AFK). I agree it should treated the same, however, the RDM one causes uses the script(forcing the crowbar to spam) should, as always, be punishable and frowned upon.

12. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I have said several times that what they are doing is against the rules. If a mod gets on they will spectate them. If they come back and continue to delay, you can report them. This is how it should work, and how it does work. If they are getting away with hundreds of hours of delay, they need to be reported on the forums so an admin can handle it.

13. Juice Juice™

Which, by your own words. will allow them to keep delaying until they have multiple offenses under their belt.

14. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I dont understand how you're coming to this conclusion.

15. Juice Juice™

Right there, for one thing. These people are not delaying by accident, nor is it just a small incident. They are taking up, collectively, hundreds of hours of game time, and your solution is still to wait until they have multiple offenses.

16. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Since I was here when a player did this the whole time I was on (3 whole entire maps while a mod was on), ill go ahead and say something.

Is this ban worthy? No. At most, this would be a kick for delay. This isnt problematic enough to allow a ban to be issued. Think of it this way Silent. For delaying, a player is given multiple chances to stop his/her actions before more serious punishments are given. You wouldnt instantly ban a player for his/her first offence of delay. The same protocol would be in effect here in this situation as well. While it can be really annoying having a player just spinning spamming his weapon, there isnt much more that anyone can do with this.

There is a certain protocol that all staff have to follow. Regardless if they intentionally do their offence, the "multiple offences" thing comes in to play with most situations. Even if I intentionally RDM 2 times, (without discretion) the staff would have to follow protocol and slay me for my multiple offences. If I am spamming then I would still need to have multiple offences stack up before the staff member is able to ban. Even if I delay (not AFK) the staff member online (or via forums report) would have to warn me, then slay me, and in most cases they would need discretion for a kick/ban. If i were to go AFK, the staff member would need to FSpec me. If I decide to come back and delay again, they would still need to FSpec me. If it actually got to the point where im being FSpecced every round bc im purposely going out of spec mode just to delay, the staff member would need discretion to do anything further. It's still a multiple offence thing tho.

I hope this helps you understand a bit more of why everyone is saying "Multiple offences".

17. Juice Juice™

On any other situation I would agree with you , as with any other form of delaying. But this particular form,as you personally witnessed, lasts forever unless a mod intervenes, which mods will not always do, and it can ruin the server quite easily. It is extremely destructive, game wise, and contributes nothing to the server or the experience to let it happen in any form.

18. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Yes, but it still goes under the "multiple offences" rule that no one has control of unless discretion is given which isnt always the case.

IMHO you are over exaggerating this whole thing. You make out it be the worst thing that could happen to a server. If 1 person (which is the case since only 1 person was doing it when we were on), it doesnt "destroy" anything. At most it will cause some delay which can be easily fixed if the T's just decide to kill him first or whatever.

19. Juice Juice™

Yes, that is the current rule, which is why I am asking for them to change it!
    And I am sorta exaggerating, but this is systematic delaying of each and every round, which really can ruin the game,

20. Jigat

Jigat "Computer over"?! "Virus = Very yes"?!? VIP

I saw this happening tonight several times. recorded a little bit of it.
    The guy was running in a circle AND swinging his crowbar, I feel they shouldn't be allowed to do that and ruin someones playing experience. Either a Force AFK or even a kick, any more than that I think is a little overkill per se. repeat offenders should be warned if banning is (possibly) happening.

• Friendly Friendly x 1