*New Content* Thoughts on Towny

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by CorallocinB, Mar 24, 2017.

?

Towny?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2017.
  1. Yes

71.1%
  2. No

28.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

After the open forum discussion, I'd be game for Towny as long as we're given suitable warning on when it will be implemented for claiming purposes. Though I imagine griefprotection will be kept operational long enough to permit this.

3. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I vote yes, as long as we're allowed to still build in between "towns" in the area it dubs as the wilderness.

4. IAmRelapse

IAmRelapse Active Member

Yes. This will enable those people who share bases currently, to have an easily manageable town area. This also allows for people to make towns for new players and etc. As long as we have a warning before this happens(whether or not builds will be removed or not).

I'm also still up for the suggestion for players to apply for a warp to be setup by staff(with certain requirements) if towny does happen. So that people can setup their own "town shops" and players from other towns can warp into their shops if needed.(Don't hate me for this, its just a suggestion, not everyone agrees on it.)

5. gage345

gage345 Emerald

If we choose to use Towny, I believe that the current claims system will have to be removed because they both have claims and they would be conflicting, since claims could then overlap. However, I still fully support Towny to be integrated into the server.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maybe a way for players who aren't in a group to be able to live on their own safely instead of being forced into a town? But still encouraged to? I'm not sure if this will be implemented but it might be a good way to transition from personal claims to towns. And can even help new players get a chance to build themselves up first before going to a town?

Just an idea

7. IAmRelapse

IAmRelapse Active Member

They can make a town themselves? I made myself a town that only composed of me as a member. and no one else.

8. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I still think Factions would be better. It even was more popular in the poll I made here, with every vote but 1 preferring factions over towny.

9. Salem

Salem VIP

I would rather stay away from people and live with who I choose, not really be forced into a town. Plus I feel it kind of takes away from the wilderness feel? and I really don't want to lose all of my builds and homes since they do take a lot of time and to lose all of those because I need to fit into a town would be terrible.

Maybe I don't fully understand it. But it looks gimmicky and doesn't give off a very nice MC feel. Why does MC need to feel like how irl is?

Overall I like being able to choose where I live and how I live. I probably would quit playing (as much as it pains me) if something like this were implemented.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. IAmRelapse

IAmRelapse Active Member

People want others to die by their blade.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.