Nerf the new Lion buyable

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by RB1008, Jul 5, 2020.

1. RB1008

RB1008 VIP

Hi,

The new Lion buyable for T's on vanilla is way to overpowered.
    Now it is literally a secured win for the T's since it kills everyone. The moment we hear the noice of the Lion our only option is rdming everyone we see otherwise it is a loss. Make it kill in a wide area but not the whole map. Make it a kind of big version of the jihad

Grz
    Racoon

• Dumb Dumb x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

it is temp for the event

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

I get that it's temporary, but from what I've seen the game gets a lot less fun after one is planted. The last traitor stands around doing nothing for 45 seconds, and the innos have to either sit back and take it or straight up kill on suspicion to have any chance. They can't legally stop the traitor unless that traitor gives them a reason to. If we want to make those last 45 seconds more interesting, what if the lion publicly broadcasted the name of the person who planted it? That way the innos would have a fighting chance, and the traitor would have to fight off all the innos instead of getting the win automatically. Seems like it would be an easy change to implement.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Yeah I like the idea of the name being publicly broadcasted. It just turns into a madhouse at the end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

also slightly increase the time it takes for the lion to detonate to give the inno's a chance at destroying it before it can go off

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. firemac

firemac Mac N Cheese VIP Silver

Unless they camp in the T Room, if there's a way around that then that's a good idea.

7. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Idk man, I think the Lion is hilarious regardless if I'm a t or not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. RhazhBash

It's already slayable to camp the T room when you're the last traitor. I guess staff just need to enforce that harder if they planted a lion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. firemac

firemac Mac N Cheese VIP Silver

Yeah that's what to do.

10. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

fuck no

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

This was a thing a few years back as well, and it was the same back then.

If we had to change it to make it more fair, then I would suggest that when the last T plants a Lion, it will be announced in chat who planted it, that way it would be kinda strategic and people dont have to RDM out of desperation o.o

(Though the T can still easily hide in T rooms)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

its a little bit of fun for like 7 days fucking hell, its not even that bad, you have to be the last t alive to even get one, also depending on where its planted it doesnt even kill everyone, it IS usrviveable, T's already have the odds stacked against them 4/1 , the lion bomb is just a "someone is going to win now" since most of the time if they are camping out the timer they will probably get told off, so its an extra time incentive for the remaining innos to find the last t, regardless it doesnt need to change just dont be so uptight it will be gone soon :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  13. This is not against the rules, nor is it a slayable offense. By planting the lion they committed a traitorous act, and that act has them actively traiting until it explodes.

Literally pulled from the extended rules...

8. CAMPING AND DELAYING
    1. Camping is when you stay in a closed off space waiting for someone to come attack you.
    2. Camping is allowed so long as you are not delaying.
    3. Delaying is when you postpone an effort to fulfill an objective.

4. Delaying the round is not allowed.

Cheap, yes. Allowed? Yes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

I was on the opposite side of the map on b5 in the water and I still died at full health to it, it's a free win on clue, on b5, especially inno motel and just about any map with a t room in the center including nether, haven, and even on a no t room map it's still op

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

There's a guaranteed inno win on b5 guess we should nerf that since it can be done instantly, unlike a lion

16. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

as long as the lion in dota 2 isn't nerfed, should be all good

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  17. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Shit is real dwardu is back
    Schl tmrw?

18. RhazhBash

The traitors have counterplay to that. They can throw blocks to unreachable areas, kill innos that look for them, and sometimes kill all the innos before they get all the diamond blocks. What counterplay do innos have against traitors who plant a lion then do nothing?

19. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

a number advantage, detectives, staff to warn for delaying

20. RhazhBash

Detectives and a number advantage won't help if the traitor sits around doing nothing while the lion is out. That's usually what traitors do after buying a lion. Unless you're suggesting that innos should RDM when they hear a lion or that staff should slay traitors that don't trait after planting one that isn't sufficient counterplay.