Nerf Shotguns

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Cereal KiIler, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

What I find annoying about the shotguns is that sometimes they become sniper rifles, dealing high damage at long ranges.
    My solution to this is to increase the bullet spread.

2. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Good thing shotguns don’t use bullets.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. uwu

uwu Banned Silver

You could literally use that same argument for pretty much any other weapon you could think of.

For example the deagle/colt and winchester if put in the right hands are EXTREMELY overpowered, BUT all things considered everything is really well balanced on these servers especially.

What it really comes down to is learning to counter and outplay people and just a general ability to understand your surroundings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Agreed. Look at the way people play against shotguns, learn how they counter it, all weapons are overpowered in certain hands, it just depends on the hands you put it in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheDarkFade

TheDarkFade Russian Double Agent VIP

Someone, please make a montage of them abusing shotguns; this could open the eyes of the people who disagree with how strong they are.

• Old Old x 1
  6. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

Shotguns are very strong, and while I love using the base shotgun, they either need to be nerfed or other guns need to be buffed. To a certain extent, they don't offer any counter play. As a traitor, you always have the advantage against unsuspecting terrorists, but with an automatic weapon, the innocent has a slim chance of being able to escape and fight back. Meanwhile, most of the shotguns are one shot weapons when near the target, even if its not a headshot. I think this lack of counter play is what makes the shotgun so strong because the only way you don't die is if the traitor messes up.

Then theres the double barrel... yeah that gun needs to be removed because nerfing it will make it obsolete.

7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The problem is that the shotgun is actually pretty trash when you get ganged up on. Unlike most weapons, you really have to focus your fire on a single person because the gun's damage is based entirely on how many pellets connect. Meaning that if you fire into a crowd with a shotgun you will pretty much be pulverized.

Base shotgun - Needs a nerf, rate of fire coupled with extreme DPS is absolutely fucking insane. Can easily dispatch large groups of people, and on vanilla is basically just easymode
    Mossberg - Is fine where it is. Rate of fire is slower than the other shotguns, kick is higher and the dps is lower as a result of that. If you go one on one with the mossberg you'll be ok, but if you try to go against a group? You are fucked.
    Winchester - The large spread means you pretty much have to be on top of someone to do any real damage, and imo needs to be buffed due to the fact that it has cripplingly slow rate of fire. I don't even use this shotgun because it sucks.

On the subject of the double barrel, they should change the dynamics with that gun. Instead of being a one shot one kill weapon, they should make it have two shots that can be fired rapidly before having to reload. Nerf it so that each shot does relatively high damage, but does not instantly kill to make it a shoot and scoot weapon. That ways the gun is useful for taking out single targets, or in a gunfight to give the traitor a little extra time to flee. Basically, I want them to overhaul the double barrel, because nerfing it would just break it, and buffing it would be fuckin loony

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

You mean like how the DB used to be?

9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

If that is how the db use to be then maybe. I don't remember a time on these servers when the double barrel was a two shot weapon.

10. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

Nerf shotguns? Shotguns are literally only good close range. They do terrible damage against people at medium range. One thing I can see happening is the default shotgun being nerfed. On vanilla its pretty op though. Get up close to the point where you can 1 shot them is op. All I can see is that the default shotgun gets a slight damage nerf.

11. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

I misspoke. It wasn’t a “two shot” weapon. But right click used to fire only one barrel, now it’s a ADS