Need more clarification in the !motd about having T weapons

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by TB Wolf, Feb 17, 2014.

1. TB Wolf

TB Wolf VIP

Apparently this is a widely contested issue for many people about "Is picking up a T weapon KoSable?"

Many interpret "Having traitor weapons (silenced, knife, harpoon, tear gas, etc)" as "Having a T weapon out", but I was told explicitly by Angelx(And killed for it) that it means if you see someone pick up a T weapon(Basically, if you know they have it 100%) you can kill them for it.

It would be heavily appreciated if there could be clarification in the !motd or even just a post here to reference when people are arguing over this fact, that way it doesn't turn into a bunch of 13 year olds repeating "No I'M right!"

2. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

Re: Need more clarification in the !motd about having T weap

I would consider it KOSable. The traitorous acts in the MOTD state "Having traitor weapons"

And by *Picking* a t weapon up, that obviously means you *have* it, of course someone has to see it to shoot you for it.

But use some common sense, if you see someone that just shot a T and picked it up, obviously you can shoot them but you're just ruining your karma.

3. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Picking up a traitor weapon would be considered "Having traitor weapons". The thing is you have to use common sense in situations and not just kill someone blindly for committing a traitorous act.

Two scenarios:
    1. You witness Bob killing Sam. Sam is identified as a traitor. Bob picks up Sam's dropped C4.

2. You witness Peter picking up a harpoon stuck in the wall. You didn't see who threw the harpoon.

Common sense tells you that in scenario 1, you should probably not kill Bob since he is most likely inno and your karma will suffer for it. However in scenario 2, I would most likely kill Peter as I don't want to risk dying if he is a traitor.

There are many times that I miss my harpoon and nobody witnesses the throw but they see me pick up the harpoon.

Sometimes people drop their traitor weapons to make room for something else temporarily. Like dropping an mp7 to buy a flare gun to dispose of bodies. You might run in on me with a flare gun & mp7 next to me on the floor. Would you not shoot me if you saw me pick up the mp7?

4. ThePepper

ThePepper VIP

Here's a scenario High won.

Player 1 is chasing Player 2 because Player 2 has a double barrel shotgun and there have been reports of innos dieing from a shotgun.

Player 2 runs over a stockpile of SMG ammo and picks some up. Can player 1 kill player 2 because he obviously has an MP7 in his inventory?

5. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

No, because you didn't witness the gun in question. Player 2 could have a UMP in his inventory.

6. ThePepper

ThePepper VIP

forgot about the ump..

7. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Of course, if there aren't enough players to have detectives you can kill them for it.

8. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Its a slippery slope as we might add/remove weapons as we go and unless you actually witness the weapon, I wouldn't kill for it.

9. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Just add a sidearm that takes SMG ammo and you won't have to worry about it at all xD.

10. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

Basically If you have a T weapon from the fallen T. you don't whip it out untill you want to use it (ON the T)

If not. plain Innocent are going to treat u like a T by killing you.

Believe me. i have felt that pain. Slayed once for it. and get really pissed off.

another thing i need to talk about is about T room. i think there is need to be clarification on this (Traitor room)

Going into the Traitor room is Kosable. even if your innocent you go in we are allowed to kill for it. Yesterday i was slain because i killed a T in the Traitor room. the T reported me for Rdm just because he was in the room. i kinda got pissed off at that point as he was the real T.

11. ThePepper

ThePepper VIP

If that's what really happened, Report the staff member that had you slain. Now on the other side, you can't kill a T just because you see them look at the door and it opens.

12. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

The problem is i forgot who the mod was as this was a day ago./