My smoking journey

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Elvis, May 22, 2020.

1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

[​IMG]
    :thinking:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Age just got changed and there is a shop near me that will sell to 18+. Plus you know how long someone can make 90ml of 60mg juice last?
    And that's the thing about addiction. Age doesn't matter. It can make it more difficult to get the drug, but if you are addicted, you will find a way to get it.

3. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

Hey Elvis and Ryan Im proud of you guys fighting through this and I hope that you guys can beat this. We are all hear for you and I am willing to talk anytime you need somebody to talk to keep your mind occupied.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Indy226

I wish I was that lucky

5. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Have you considered nicotine replacement alternatives? ie. Nicotine gum or nicotine patches; these strategies can help reduce the withdrawl symptoms. It could be more psychologically beneficial to disassociate yourself from the habit of vaping altogether. Regardless, weaning down the vaping overtime and setting weekly goals for yourself is a sensible strategy as well. Best of luck to you, I look forward to hearing about your progress. Also, don't be discouraged if you go into a period of relapse. Often times beating addiction involves multiple periods of remission and relapse before one is successful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

I started reading, Allen Carr's EASY WAY TO QUIT SMOKING WITHOUT WILLPOWER, been helping with the whole i cant quit mindset...11$ on amazon. It addresses vaping and ecigs too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

My dad and my friend's dad smoked their last cig after they were told that they have some health issues due to smoking. Let that be on your mind. It's easier to stop smoking after you've been told that your life is in danger, but they would've been happier if they had quit years before.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I started vaping summer of 2018. I've hit some kind of vape every day since then up until 5 days ago. I just kind of stopped after i lost my last vape and didn't wanna buy another one. It's better for overall lung health and there aren't a whole lot (if any?) long-term studies. Shits wack but I still crave hits sometimes. I'm trying to be a better human being and quitting vaping is a good start.

One trick my dad taught me (who has been smoking off most of his adult life) is to drink bottled water. It gives you everything you want in a cig/vape as far as mouth and hand movement without (obviously) the nicotine. It also keeps you hydrated!

Good luck, I'm right there with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Shelbutt

Shelbutt VIP

@Python~ @Elvis Good luck guys. Still rooting for you! Just remember it's not going to feel better immediately but I know a few people who've been able to successfully quit and they say the difference after a while, they could never go back (even tho the craving for nicotine is still there sometimes) I believe in you guys

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Python~

One week down and the cravings have pretty much subsided. I think I'm over it.

You got this man. In less than 3 weeks you'll be where I am and couldn't care less about a vape.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Python~

Bruh you're 16 rn and you're getting a vape. You're gonna be in the same position as him in just a few years. Sadly you'll just have to learn for yourself how bad vaping is for you since you don't wanna listen to us. Hope it makes you popular at school. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Indy226

There isn't this mentality that vaping makes you "cool" at my school. I've vaped several times and I don't feel this "need" to keep vaping, I actually don't understand addiction because I don't get addicted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Python~

What do you mean you've vaped "several times"? How often do you take a hit? How many hits have you had in your lifetime?

The picture you posted towards @RyanHighman is ironic since you're 3 years younger than he is

14. Indy226

In total it's probably been like 50 or 60 times ( I did own a vape at one point but my mother found it ) but i rarely used it, she only found out about it cause I was sharing it with a friend
    And I can't really go past 30 nic ( it's too much )
    I also don't like smoking ( U could get the same effect by walking into a burning building )

Oh and I rarely use a vape if I have the option like either once a week to maybe once a month
    First started last year in February 2019

15. RyanHymenman

Lets not let this stray away from what it is supposed to be.
    @Pelvis how has it been going for you?

16. Indy226

How's the slow decrease going?

17. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Yeah good to get off of the nic. If you for the majority of the day use nicotine to give you a buzz, your brain gets used to it. You know when you stop using nic and you start getting a headache, that's because your brain is so used to the buzz. Its gonna suck but the headaches should go away after a week (maybe more depending on how much you smoke and how long your brain was used to the majority of its day being buzzed), and you'll be able to work without headaches or taking a smoke/vape break to get your brain "back to normal". Good for you!

P.S. A little article I found https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12650272/

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Im currently halfway through my bottle of 6 nic. Ill likely update this post sometime through my 3 nic bottle. Thank you all again for all the support.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Today marks day 1 of using 3 nic, going down from 6 nic. I noticed at first I was taking more hits but forced myself to hold back taking more than only a few hits at a time. I have a feeling its working but only time will tell. Thanks for all the support again guys yall are amazing.

EDIT: The change from 6 to 3 nic is very strange. There is a much harder throat hit from 6 nic that I like. Its almost like taking a puff from a cig. I dont know how I like the 3 nic throat hit yet but its almost nothing. Going to 0 nic is going to be no throat hit so i am going to be in for a treat when i make the move.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. RyanHymenman

@Pelvis I've done the weaning. you will get used to the 3 nic. And yes, it provides almost no throat hit, but try not to catch yourself using it twice as much.
    Hang in there man, you're doing great by sticking to your plan.

• Friendly Friendly x 1