My Short Experience In Crypto

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub, May 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

$600 left off of my initial investment of $1500 made 2 weeks ago. Haven't sold. Market completely crashing now. Lol.

Started with $300 into Doge a bit before SNL. Was liking the returns on that. Threw in another $100. $500 was the limit I gave myself for investing (most I could comfortably lose), so having $400 in was chill. Doge was also pretty a pretty lighthearted thing to invest in, and I was more-so enjoying the entertainment/stupidity of it all rather than thinking I was gna get rich off it or something.

Fast forward to SNL, I'm up $100 off my initial investment. Feeling good. Watching SNL live, split-screen style while I also eye Doge on Binance. Exciting. SNL is dumb as fuck but I'm also high as fuck + off some week long mania discovering what is probably a gambling addiction. Having fun. Price goes up, I laugh. Price goes down, I laugh - no way I can lose. As soon as SNL starts shit goes crazy. 50% of me hoping Doge shoots up to $1, the other 50% hoping it goes down to around $.20 so I can buy more. During SNL it's going all over the place. Decide to focus on buying dips as I begin to expect it's gonna rocket. No CAD in my exchange, gotta act fast. Quickly transfer $50 into my exchange. Realize a second later I'm still not at $500 so I can technically afford $100 instead of $50. Transfer another $150 in. Realize another second later that that's $200, not $100. Fuck it. Spend $100 on a dip at .54 - nice. A minute later it dips down to .52 - Throw another $100 down; Even better. SNL ends and it's sitting at around .55, the crazy volatility has worn off mostly and so has my high. Watch it for a few more hours before bed. Discord has me brainwashed at this point, decide it's still a dip and drop another $100 in. Now $700 in Doge. I go to bed.

Wake up, it's not much better. Still think it will go up, but in the meantime I begin to get more and more into crypto. Realize it's a waste to have so much in my actual savings, and I have about a month before I'll need $800 of my savings. Throw it into Ethereum cus BTC is dumb. Now $1500 in. ETH breaks it's all time high an hour after I put $800 - feels good. Will definitely be able to make some easy passive income off my Ethereum in the next month or two.

Next day, doge-knockoff shitcoins are sprouting up everywhere. Too many. Shiba Inu is the biggest, calling itself the "DogeCoin Killer". Learned that Doge community is all about being nice and shit, so figure that this is a terrible marketing strat as they won't be able to profit off of die hard Doge fans, and a bunch of people who missed out on getting rich on Doge (like myself) are gonna buy in and get rugged (Have a fair amount of knowledge on shitcoins as my brother used to be super into them). Doge still doing bad, and Shiba begins blowing up. Figure it's only a matter of time before Shiba dies, but in the meantime it would be a good idea to throw a smaller amount of money into one of these doggy shitcoins as they seem to be going good rn. Spend a couple days trying to choose between HOKK (Hokkaido Inu) and KISHU (Kishu Inu). In the end, decide Kishu is the way to go. Wait for a good dip in Kishu, then I make my attack. Transfer $200 in ETH to a new wallet and begin the ETH --> Kishu process. Instantly learn about the downsides to Ethereum/Ethereum gas prices. They want me to pay $300 in gas fees in order to invest $200 (so $500 total). Fuck that. Wait for a better time with less traffic, try again. Gas fee a little better but still fucked. Decide to try HOKK, even better, but with the Fee I'll only be able to get about $40 in. Not worth it. At this point, been awake for way too long and I'm tired and worried the ship will sail without me. Transfer another $300 in ETH to my wallet, decide to invest $300 in Hokk and pay $160 in gas fees, + $21 in regular fees. There goes $500 from my $800 ETH investment, but Hokk has been going up by 100%-200% daily the past 3 days. Only a matter of time before I cash out with a good amount of profit to off-set my Doge losses. Try to keep in mind that it's also very likely I'll lose all my money. I sleep.

Next day, check my HOKK. Crashed right after I went to bed. Already down bad. Realize if I was to sell I'd have to pay another gas fee. Don't want to pay more gas and risk missing out on crazy gains. Hope for the best.

Check what little Ethereum I have left. Realize I got charged for all my transfers to my other wallet. $50 per charge. 3 transfers. Lost an additional $150. My HOKK is now at around $200. Have to quadruple it to make my losses back/sell. Will still probably lose money.

Elon Musk keeps fucking shit up. Hope for the best cause I'm still in Doge and he seems to like it, but everytime he tweets Doge goes down. Shiba gets fucked along with a bunch of other doggy coins cause they gave the creator of Ethereum 50% of the total supply. HOKK didn't. Begin to feel good about my investment and think all the Shiba/other dog coins guys will buy into HOKK. Decide to join the HOKK discord to see what's up. Realize the devs + marketing team have no idea what they're doing and are actively making the project worse.

Day after day, HOKK gets lower and lower. Down to about $100 off my initial $300 investment ($600 including fees). Gas fees literally more than I have in. Literally can't sell. Trapped in dumb doggy pyramid scheme. KISHU exploding and despite shit gas fees would have made pretty good profit if I had invested. Fuck.

Can't tell if HOKK is a total scam or if the team is actually trying but actually just fucking stupid. Apparently the whales are making crazy money despite how fucked everything is. Bad. Still can't sell.

Doge is doing bad. Hokk is doing bad. Ethereum is doing bad. Pretty much everything is doing bad because Bitcoin is doing bad. Now down in every single investment and actively losing money. "You only lose your money when you sell below your buy price". Still haven't sold.

Entire crypto market begins to crash. Entire portfolio currently valued at around $600. Actively dropping. My Ethereum is in 2 different wallets. To consolidate it it will cost another $50. To sell all my crypto back into CAD and withdrawal, about another $50. Don't even want to begin to think about how much I spent on drugs the past 2 weeks to due my stress/excitement/depression on the markets. In down super bad.

Working on my resume, probably find a general labor job. Not selling.

All-in-all, went pretty good. Probably do it again.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. waffle

waffle VIP

That Elon musk fellow had a garbage SNL so I hope he gives me all his money

3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Installed coinbase
    Got free $5 of Bitcoin
    Traded it for another crypto
    Got access to watching videos for crypto
    Earned another $35 for watching videos

Total investment: $0
    Current worth: $24

It's entertaining to watch the numbers go up and down

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

how to get free 5$ of bitkoin

5. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

So rather than doing research you invested without looking at why the crypto market is valued the way it is, besides your knowledge of SNL and riding the crypto hype train, while stoned might I add, and then you're holding and praying after the value of all cryptos dropped. If I don't do well, I cut my losses and move on. Then again, cryptocurrency is so volatile (which is also why I also don't touch it) so it could shoot up. When it shoots up cut your losses or cash out when it goes above your initial investment and gtfo unless you know what you're doing with crypto. You're in for a world of trouble. Stick to stocks and stocks that aren't as volatile.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

nerd

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

sheesh learn 2 have fun jeez

8. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Yeah it's rough seeing your investments just TANK after bitcoin crashes but I'm in it for the long run and I know it will go up eventually.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

yeah imma just check back in on those investments in some years lol.

10. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I clicked on a coinbase ad and it said $5 of Bitcoin for downloading and setting it up

11. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

you can also make pretty good money i think through referrals on a lot exchanges/wallets. could add another ~ $25 to your current/double your crypto worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Believe in the system, not in the hype.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Be prepared for a bumpy road, but over the next 10 years we are going to see monumental changes in our global financial system. Continue to dollar cost average (DCA) into solid crypto projects with large network effects, and continue to do so over the next several years and you'll most likely be doing quite well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I've been fucking around in crypto, just dipping my toes in. Cautiously optimistic I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I've made the executive decision to lock this thread. Attracting a lot of spam accounts.

Please be more active in the meme channel.

That is all.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.