My Damn Snooze Button Broke

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Graze, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Hello Serious Gmod Community,

I've made the decision recently to relinquish my Lead Administrator position. I have a few reasons for choosing to do this, but the largest two would have to be a general decrease in interest in TTT, and a feeling of detachment from SGM and the staff team.

In regards to the first reason, after playing and staffing the servers for 3 years, I just don't have any interest in the game itself anymore unless specific players are online. People who are familiar with me and know me really well would be able to tell you that I dislike first person shooters as a genre. I have a naturally shaky hand and it prevents me from being as accurate as I need to be to aim in FPS games. I'm also not a big fan of guns and other aspects. In all honesty, FPS games are probably my least favorite type of game, so the fact that I even put as much time as I have into this game is a testament to how much I fell in love with the community.

This transitions well into my second reason, which would be the sense of detachment I feel with the staff team and the community in general. After you've been here for as long as I have, you'll eventually realize how much things have changed. People you have good memories with disappear entirely and it sucks. When I came here in 2015, I got attached to a group of people who are pretty much all entirely permabanned or vanished. My second tenure I came back looking to start anew, and I found a ton of lasting friendships that have stuck with me even to this day. These people are some of my closest friends and I will always be thankful to SGM for helping me find them. I had a lot of growth as a person over my second tenure, and when I needed to resign due to school, I felt both sad that I had to depart, and happy to see the community in such a good place.

When I came back for my third tenure, the group that I had met during my second one had all but left the community for other things. I'm still very much in touch with them, but it was hard coming back to something different. I had found a really strong friendship in people like POP STAR and Helixspiral in the Meme team on Teamspeak, and for me, that was the height of my third term. It changed a bit when TS started dying off, and ever since then I've been struggling to make the connections and finding my place in the community like I had done before. It feels like I'm out of place here as it is now, that the SGM that I was a part of is a thing of the past and my place here has come to an end. As it comes to present time, I realized that I had started checking the forums pretty infrequently, and that I really only interacted with a select handful of staff and community members who I feel like I still have that lasting attachment to.

This will be my very final term as staff here at SGM. In the end I'm moving on to focus my energy on other things without a sense of guilt. Please know that SGM and the staff team will always hold a very special place in my heart, and I'm looking forward to see where it leads from here. For the tags, sorry if I forgot you, if I think of someone else that I feel should be tagged I'll make sure to edit you in. Thank you all for this experience and thank you all for your time these last three years.

To those who I don't nearly talk to as much as I wished that I did, I'd like to give you a shout out for making my life better in various ways, and I hope that you're doing well with whatever you're doing: @SmileyOfChaos @Anna @Falcor @aco taco @CDriscoll @Kyogre @Chastity4lyfe @Dwardu @J.T.Ripper @Milo @Rek @BlueCore @Jaysu @Ichikunjii @ant. @Noctorious @Solar @Mellow @Timo654 @Rhienor @StarGazingNight. <3 @Xproplayer @zomborg @Husky @Pacifist @Hingle

Tags for those I've made especially strong connections with during my time here:
    @Nyra @Brahma @Shaddoll @Kythol @Guilty (@ZeRo) @POP STAR @HelixSpiral @Opalium @Zack

And finally here's some tags for those special few: @Giraffe @swagrid @DarkLegion

Please remember to smash snooze.

P.S. @luna♥ Now that I cant be around to fix your horrible awoo habit I hope that you hold yourself back in my honor.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    • Friendly x 36
    • Winner x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

Farewell Graze, hope you pop in every now and then and good luck on the rest of your adventure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

... See ya around dude. Make the best of what life offers you in the near future. Greatest personality on SGM. Really.
    No more words can express my graditude I have for you. Each conversation you had with others and with me, you gave the same respect equally to everyone.

Hope Great things will happen you from the bottom of my heart.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

aww it's a shame to see you go, even if you did pick the wrong alien and you hated my awoos. I'll hold back just a bit for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

cya vegetable grass dinosaur thx for picking me up ya

even tho we didnt talk much due to timezones

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

It's been an honor and a pleasure having you with us, Graze. Through the best and worst times, the ups and downs, and everything else. It's been one hell of a ride.
    I know it may have no looked like this sometimes, but I always was and always will be grateful for all you've done for SGM as a whole and for me personally. I'm proud of you, friend.

Farewell, turtle. May your future be bright and your goals be within reach. Best of luck with whatever comes next!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

<3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

You know where to find me if you ever feel like talking or playing a game of League, I've always appreciated having you around and talkin' with you. Don't go and disappear on me

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I'm so, so sorry that I don't start conversations more. You're someone I definitely don't want to lose contact with.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

Thank you for all of your dedication to the community and talks you've had with me. They really helped. You know where to find me if you want to talk.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Graze,

I've honestly looked up to you for as long as I've been in this community- you've always been a voice of reason and confident of your knowledge surrounding anything around SGM, and I'll always respect you for that. You care more about this community than almost anyone I know- and I know this will continue even while you're that ugly purple color.

Hop on Opalcraft. Minecraft is where we really met and we never did finish building our base out in that desert.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  12. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

@Graze Awoo.

I had to do it one last time. Im sad to see you go. Hopefully you don't leave the community entirely and still pop back in to say hello every now and then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

Talked to you once or twice. Hella chill guy if I do say so myself. Hope you reach high places my guy.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

<3 I’ll miss you.
    One last awoo for the road
    Awoo...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

The last time I played with you I was a detective and you were inno and u straight up tried to rdm me with secret knife

yeah ur cool

edit : not sarcasm

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

Well this came as a surprise. Honestly I'm glad you stepped up as my lead and helped me with your feedback, which was and is much appreciated. Best of luck with your future, Graze.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

I'll always be on steam or SC. You know how to get a hold of me. And i'll try to get a hold of you from time to time.
    but, Thank You Graze for always trying to do what you thought was right here.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. DarkLegion

DarkLegion aka Alex VIP

Wow you actually mentioned me (even if you did cross the name out you cuck). Even though I'm not around this community anymore for the year(s) that I was you have always been there and have always been one of the most passionate and hardworking staff members of this community. From your abysmally long mod tenure(s?) to your well deserved Admin and Lead Admin positions you've always had the best intentions for the community at heart and worked very hard for it. They were lucky to have someone like you working with them. Now that you're not so busy with that stuff anymore though hang out with me more goddammit. I hope to see you around a bit more after this as I will make the effort as well.

Edit: Fuck your rating

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Ik I only caused trouble for you, but youre a really nice dude. Good luck on life n shit. Take care man :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I think it is a true tragedy that people are only promoted to lead admin when their drive is about to go. Very few make it as long as you did graze, and that is commendable. I only wish that you could have enacted more of your policies that you wanted to. Either way you were a cool dude and I enjoyed our conversations about the days of old and I am very much going to miss that. You aren't the only one who feels out of place. This feeling is quite the same for many of us. I myself feel a bit different now so than I did so long ago and much of that has to do with the breakdown of friend groups like you said. Not a day goes by where I wish that Pandora was still my admin and the teamspeak was jumping with those permabanned players you talked about. Tis a real tragedy, but I think I will miss you. The rare conversations we did have were nice enough for me to lookup to you and really consider you a friend.

Keep on rocking man, and i'll see you when you fix that fuckin' alarmclock. (i just wanted to use that phrase, i get that you are never gonna come back to staff team lol. hope to see you around still here and there.)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1