More Mod Slots.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Robyn, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

You are missing the point completely in favor of nitpicking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

The point you made was invalid though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

The point is that this thread has become something entirely different than what it was ment to be. More mod slots will not fix the issue at hand, we are debating the issue now with no solution that will clearly work. At the end of the day it still falls on the people who give up their free time to dedicate it to the community. Free time being the emphisis here.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

That keep getting mods that covers the same time frame are dumb when there is hours with very few on?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ WE WANT SHIFTS! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ WE WANT DAY, AFTERNOON, EVENING, MIDNIGHT TEAMS! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

On a more serious note though, that suggestion regarding shifts, is half-meant. As a guy known for his OCD, I'd like to have 100% coverage on the servers.

But has it ever occurred to anyone that the most "unstaffed" times on the servers is when there literally is no one playing? Perhaps 5 or 6 players yes. But if there is truly no one readily available to play on that time, I don't think we should be forcing moderators to staff when they don't want to or can't.

In regards to this suggestion, I don't think adding more mods slots will help.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

why cant you people just accept a simple

no

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. FoxPac ◢◤

FoxPac ◢◤ The Alpha VIP

Shifts: This feels a bit unnecessary. For most day time staff members, we have school, jobs, and hobbies during most of the week and mostly during the day. To basically sum up everything that I want to say in just a few words, this would make staffing extremely confusing.

More mod slots: This suggestion as a whole is unnecessary to me as well. As of right now, most of the time, there is enough staff to cover most of each day. We may not always be able to cover a lot of times during the day, but that can be due to many different reasons, such as family issues, work, school, etc. Adding an extra lead doesn't seem very ethical. That would add 4 more admins and 16 new mod slots, which is way more than the threshold of people needed to keep a server staffed.

All in all, my opinion on this is that we don't necessarily need more mod slots. I see where you are coming from though, in regards to people that should get a shot at being a staff member, but then again, staff members come and go. Most of the staff members that have resigned, resign due to personal issues or loss of interest.

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Lol clearly you have not seen that monday was the first day I have been on vanilla in the past month. I got 150 hours on modded servers since then...

Also how you guys say staffing decreases population... It decreases the TOXIC population. There is a reason why I Constantly request staff...

I made this thread to find a solution, not to find all the issues (we already know about them). Thank You @Dwardu for helping me find words for my thoughts.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1