Mod Skins

Discussion in 'Player Models' started by Zoidberg, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

If you mean how TTT mods get supporter benefits, DR moderators don't get bronze or any tier benefits.

2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

People will just apply to get the exclusive skin and you'll have even shitter mods.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

basically

4. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Supporter

the only thing that mod gets is bright blue rank trail and i have asked a mod if he gets any skins for being a mod and he said no

5. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Supporter

If people do that then there gonna have to do work and if they dont the will lose mod

6. Fregley

Fregley ThErE aRe StOrIeS wAiTiNg To Be MaDe VIP Silver

+1 I like this idea a lot, I think it would be a great thing to add.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

I think this would be good, although I can see where some people are coming from about people just applying just to get it.
    Although some people might do that, I don't think just because of that, the mods shouldn't get at least a little something more.
    IMO, +1

• Like Like x 1
  8. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

Yo I like this idea, so gonna give it a big ol +1, Mods should get some tier of benefits, and not just a rank trail. Maybe some cool skins, to appreciate all the hard work moderators do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. NoHackJustGood

NoHackJustGood Hai :) VIP Silver

I like the idea, but I am not sure how other players will react to this. I feel some players might apply for mod just for the skin/trail. Not giving a rating for now :giggle:.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Han

Han       VIP

I really don't understand the logic behind the 'It will cause bad people to apply' line of reasoning. Yes, some obnoxious people will apply just for potential skin, just like some people already apply just for power and / or attention they receive.

Are they only applying for perks? They won't get past the trial stage or application. Are the admins going to suddenly accept these people because more applications are coming in? Of course not.

However, it's not really necessary, and I don't like the idea of placing anyone on a pedestal on this server. I'd much prefer attention placed on maps or things of that nature.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. NoHackJustGood

You don't know that :sneaky:

12. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Okay let's be honest, most mods have already donated for a rank. So they have these models already. But it would be nice for the DR mods to unlock a few models(not all)

Mods that have not donated for a rank have still donated. They donate their time to help keep the server healthy, and free of trolls.

So it really is fair tbh...... Without the mods the servers wouldn't really be here. But the donators also help keep the servers here.

13. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

For everyone saying that this will attract people who apply just for the models, people who aren't going to ever be mods still apply on a regular basis and this wouldn't effect who gets picked up. However that being said, I still don't like the idea personally.

There's a few small reasons, like people targeting staff based off their skin which isn't a big deal but still could be an issue. People are going to complain "I donated for such and such skin and now the mods get one way cooler alfkejaflkjae." Is it justified? Not really, but it would cause unnecessary problems.

The easy fix IMO would be to give mods silver benefits, like mods get vip benefits(that's still a thing right) this way no one feels left out and the mods still get rewarded for the time they spend(dr mods aren't real mods :greyalien:.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. NoHackJustGood

Hyper you okay? This is the Deathrun suggestions board. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Whoops Srry bb

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Proper

Proper Banned Gold VIP

+1. you get people applying for the wrong, or worst, reasons anyway. adding in some chill perks for getting moderator won't change that (unfortunately). and hell, even if someone only applying to get s1ck sk1nzz gets accepted, either they will benefit the server or they won't. and if they don't, they'll get demoted. ezpz.

i'd like to see this.

• Old Old x 1
  17. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

Make a mod playermodel with NoHacks face stamped on it, and the word triggered on the torso. Then you've got a deal.

+11111

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. NoHackJustGood

I am now willing to give my thoughts on this suggestion.
    I agree with everything Proper wrote here. They are going to either help out or get demoted. It's that simple. Also, I think the mods should get the skins a week or two after they get accepted. This way, you don't have people applying just for the skins.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1