Mod recording apps

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Indy226, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

What do all y'all mods use to record and take screenshots

2. Samsung Smart Fridge

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

I used demos for each play session. Recorded sound, player movement, and the file size was very small. I was working on a local RDM report saver so not only would death scenes save locally, RDM reports would too. I finished it but forgot to suggest it to staff. Maybe I'll do that right next.

Most mods use demos or maybe shadowplay. Used to have to save all pictures of RDM reports until I found out that demos saves your RDM reports too! Just much more of a pain in the ass to do then use my RDM report saver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

shadow play for recording whole sessions, usually dont edit, i just snip out sections i need using VLC media player, for screenshots i just use gyazo pro but i also back up the images locally just incase

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Disgusting.
    [​IMG]
    All seriousness tho, look into ShareX. I love it so much. You can upload straight to imgur after screenshotting, copy to clipboard, record gifs, upload files and pastebins of code, and so much more. You can also upload to your own webserver with a custom php script.
    Oh did I mention its free too?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

yes but the best thing about gyazo is searching for text within images, so say someone appeals an rdm and leave ban from 4 weeks ago, im like well fuck ive got about 100 screenshots in that 4 weeks, i can just search specifically their name or steam id and boom

7. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

sharex is the best to screenshot.
    when i recorded i would stream the game to YouTube so i wouldn’t have to use any space lol. just screenrecorded it on my phone after ez as pie.

8. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

i wonder why you care specifically what mods do :thinking: obs, demos then sharex from the videos later if needed.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

If you could suggest that asap, it'll save so many mods who do their jobs, but screenshots sometimes glitch and don't save, and saves time as well

10. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Or just look at screenshots from around the time of ban

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

OBS + sony vegas

13. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

The Microsoft app has a recording feature soooooooooooooo and I use steam screenshots because I am poor

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

I used to use OBS, but the file sizes were way too large. I would record at full resolution so I could actually read the shit on my screen, but at 13 FPS. Each 4 hour recording ended up being a couple gigs, which is a pretty small file size for a long recording. But it's still too big, and I couldn't keep up with it.

After switching to demos, I've been a lot happier. I don't have to waste hard drive space on recordings anymore. Demos take up almost no space. I screenshot everything through steam and call it a day. Screenshots + Demos = god

15. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

X-box game bar

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  16. Maro Lupus

Maro Lupus I don't know what to make this VIP

I record everything with shadowplay, big SSDs for mass storage uwu

Skim through any recording to find evidence for reports, appeals, and whatever else.

17. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Same

18. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Who gets an ssd for mass storage just get a 5tb hardrive they're pretty cheap these days

19. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

I've just been using OBS recording on to a USB because my laptop has almost no storage. For screenshots I use lightshot but for some reason it does not work on gmod it just closes gmod when I try to use it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

I use Demos and steams own screenshot function which I bound it to f5 along sometimes I use OBS if I want quick proof of something (that may be very rare)