Rejected Mod Applications

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Darth West, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth West

Darth West I am Darth West, Dark Lord of the Sith. VIP

It has come to pass that no one can view/comment on anyone's application other than their own (except if you are a staff member). I feel that this is a smart move and a wise one. I have a sugestion though (although i may have some bias), it is that instead of having it where we can't look and comment (unless you are a Staff member). It could just be where non-staff members can only view and not touch. That way you can look at the applications and not interfere with the process.

I believe that there is no harm in looking at other peoples moderator application. I think that is it is interesting to see what people write and to get tips from peoples appliactions that lead them to becoming moderators. Like format, color, and how to make it look professional :ugeek: . I am curious to see if anyone else agree's with me. :cool:

Love West

2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Moved to suggestions

3. Darth West

What a minute isnt that what i did. Im pretty sure i deleted it from General Dicussion and posted it in suggestions. *whispers* are you seeing something im not*whispers*.
    Love West

4. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I find the problem with allowing everyone to view applications has/could result in harassment in game. For instance if someone has a personal vendetta against an applicant they may attempt to soil their chances. I think it's for the better that only staff members can view/comment on applications. There may be some applicants who would rather not have others knowing they have applied for the very reason I have stated above, or for other reasons. In real life when you apply for a job, the other applicants do not get to see who their competition is, nor do they get to see their competitors resume. This leads me to my next point, which is plagiarism. If everyone can see the applications, then it's possible that some form of plagiarism will result. However, if you remove the viewing of other applications from the eyes of the applicants, then you're likely to get more honest responses. Using something that has already been used by a previous applicant hides who you really are. As an employer or in this case an admin, they are looking for several things, and one of those criteria could be your personality; you can't judge someone's personality off words they have not written.

5. juniorrr

juniorrr Supporter

^This although the only disadvantage is feedback from fellow players when a mod is not on, Is that applicant tempted to rdm? harass? etc.

6. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

That's what the reports section of the forum is for. If someone RDMs with no staff on, you can always report it, and if the player also has an application, we will notice that an applicant has an RDM report on the forum and we may use that report against the applicant.

Anyone can say "so and so rdms and harasses when there are no staff online" without it actually being true. So the report system also allows for more evidence to support such claims.

7. Darth West

Law i never thought of it like that. I actually do remember someone who canceled their mod app because of harassment. I can see where you are coming from. It is a shame though that such blackmail or harassment exists in the server. Thank you for letting me see the other side and for that i thank you.
    Love West

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.