Answered Metagaming. . . Or not?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Han, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Han

Han       VIP

Today, while playing on STTT, I witnessed something that doesn't happen much. PLAYER1 ( I will not use the real names. ) killed PLAYER2. Player3 watched this, but DID NOT DO ANYTHING because they were friends. It was quite obvious PLAYER1 was a T, as he then BURNED A BODY and gave PLAYER3 a Jihad and a warning ( Don't tell anyone :3 ). From what I've learned in other experiences, this is metagaming.

When I reported the instance to Carned, he said it didn't count as metagaming as the player could choose not to kill someone for a traitorous act. However, this confused me. A lot. Because I had made a report like this another time and it was found valid, with many mods and staff saying it was against the rules. ( http://www.seriousttt.com/threads/report-against-savannahcute.12894/ )

So I'm just curious - Is what happened metagaming? Is it allowed, or is it not?

( And I'd tag Carned but I'm honestly can't figure out how to do the tags. @Carned doesn't do anything :eek: )

(( Well that's odd. I guess it doesn't show up in editor. Derp me. ))

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

If not killing someone for a T act is meta-gaming then half our community would have a ban.
    Due to kills for t bating etc and people who choose not to carry on RDM chains.

3. Han

Han       VIP

I never said killing someone for a T act is meta-gaming, I said if you know someone is a T, and refuse to act on that information, IS it metagaming. In the report I made earlier it was considered metagaming, but that was like a month ago.

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  5. Meta-Gaming is when a T invites an inno into a T room without killing him, but it's not if you don't kill a T that burned a body and gave you a T wep? :confused:

6. Carned

7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I know that, but I was leaving the main decision here.

8. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

From my experience, what you have explained is indeed ghosting.

9. Carned

It is not ghosting because they were talking about it regular game nothing 3rd party.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Han

Han       VIP

So, it is perfectly acceptable for an innocent to help a traitor? Granted, they would probably die from GBA and possibly suspected of ghosting, but there are no rules against helping a traitor?

That's just game breaking.

EDIT: Out of curiosity - In the report I made earlier, player1 saw player2 kill me, then player1 id'd the body and they both strolled off together. ( They were friends. ) How is this different from the example I have provided - Player 1 saw player2 commit several traitorous acts, such as 1) killing an inno, 2) giving him a jihad and 3) burning a body - and then they sauntered off together, also friends.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  11. Thorn

Thorn A Thorn in your side. VIP

You do not need to kill players for doing T-acts. If the players had transfered any information bewteen each other with any OUTSIDE communication, IE Private messages, Skype, Team-Speak, so on and so forth, than that is Punishable. Yes, what these players did was a dick move, but nothing that can be done about it, unless an admin decides otherwise, or Highwogn decides to change things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Han

Han       VIP

Ok, thank you!

Do you mind answering what I said below the question? ( "Out of curiosity - In the report I made earlier, player1 saw player2 kill me, then player1 id'd the body and they both strolled off together. ( They were friends. ) How is this different from the example I have provided - Player 1 saw player2 commit several traitorous acts, such as 1) killing an inno, 2) giving him a jihad and 3) burning a body - and then they sauntered off together, also friends." )

13. Thorn

You do not need to kill players for doing T-acts. it would be suspicion of ghosting with each other. These users would need to be observed for a period of time to determin ghosting or not.

14. Han

Han       VIP

What I meant was that a report I filed for the near exact circumstances was found valid, but now I see that it's not considered metagaming / ghosting.

15. Thorn

As a staff member, like the one you had filed, they should not be doing these type of things. Like I said, this is a dick move to be doing. But considering that you do not have to kill for traitorous acts, it is technicly fine to do.

16. HoneySenpai<3

HoneySenpai<3 VIP Silver

17. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Meta-gaming is an offense that can only be enforced at the discretion of an admin.

Unlike ghosting, meta-gaming involves knowing a player's intent and purpose. A staff member must know that a player is choosing to purposefully ignore someone commit a traitorous act and even then the traitorous act ignored must be considered game breaking. Such as letting an innocent player into the traitor room as a traitor or working alongside a traitor watching him kill innocents and directing him towards more. A player can ignore a traitorous act, but not be punished for a countless amount of reasons. In your specific situation player 1 may have chose not to kill player 2 for killing you because you may have committed a traitorous act or you may have been called out, etc. Even if these reason are not true, they are taken into account when someone is accused of meta-gaming and is why this is only something admins can ban for.