Accepted Make the bottom of Metropolis an Insta-Death

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Python~, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Adding a lua search to kill anyone down there would work. Additionally it might be possible to just delete the trash can or light pole used to surf onto via lua on mapload, far more efficient.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Bravo

Bravo VIP

Yeah I wasn't sure if the lamppost/trashcan were built into the road or not, if they're separate entities deleting them would probably be a LOT easier lol.

3. Those cannot be edited without decompiling the map, removing the props and recompiling (good luck dealing with broken optimisation from compiles)

Also you can prop surf there or abuse the Quake-old crouch jump bug to not die.

Just cover it with a trigger_hurt

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I'm saying removing the prop with lua, you can edit many properties of existing items with lua (ie we moved the teleport location on innomotel. The prop shouldn't affect visleafs at all so removing it should have no effects. AFAIK you can't spawn something like a trigger hurt, but maybe my lua to brush knowledge isnt great.

5. The prop is a prop_static. Its literally made into map geometry ingame (making it part of the worldspawn entity). Its impossible to change in any way ingame

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Or just add a new prop over that prop that makes it possible to get down there.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

This. A legitimate fix. Makes it accessible for the peasants who can't get down there currently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Interesting

This should combat that.

In all honestly I'm sure opal is just going to do his own solution and not really pay attention to what we are saying, just like with the innomotel drop fix

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

Pretty sure there’s already a rule being made to make this official that you can’t go down there anyway :coffee:

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  10. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

The fuck did you pull that from

11. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

That’s on a need to know basis my friend :coffee: @Python~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.