make tazer do 0 dmg

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Toest, Jul 10, 2018.

?

should the taser do dmg?

1. yes

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

what the title says, if you want to meme with it I think you should be able to and you dont use it for the dmg

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

I mean.. I don't see it as someone genuinely using it for the game, I mean yes it is used at times for it's intended use, to stop a traitor, but I see more people just fucking with it. I think it should do 0 damage, have unlimited ammo. BUT, it should have to "charge up" like a radar, so like 20 seconds per shop.

It's mainly just a meme gun, It's fun to fuck with people but only has one shot and does 10 damage..

Ooh... Fun round idea? Just pure tasers.. Hmm..

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

any reason why?

5. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree. I have only seen it used seriously and effectively twice: yours truly on the receiving end; I stood and blasted that blue man with a barrel. #2, I tazed @Nyra , after he failed hard with a barrel, upon which he stood up and shot me in the face.

I think it could genuinely be useful, but it needs work first. I have yet to figure out how to even follow up with a taze. You can't seem to damage the target while on they are on the ground, and they just stand up and shoot you in the face. So it is kind of useless.

I am kind of up in the air on the damage aspect. Having it deal a small amount of dmg is realistic (electric shock, injuries sustained as you faceplant after being tazed). On the other hand it is great fun to meme with and getting slain for it is no fun.

If it is going to be a seriously useful tool for detectives, I think it needs a buff: allow to kill target while down, and add reloads. Tazers are multi-use tools; maybe give it 3 shots and a long reload, say, twice that of gauss to balance it a little. That and add a RTD effect for it that makes it fail every so often (the tazer doesn't always work.) That would balance it out very well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aluf

Aluf -redacted by the administration- VIP

The tazer is a fun weapon, it makes the server a lot more fun when its used lol. A lot of people don't even know it causes 10 damage (regulars mostly), so I agree the damage should be removed. I like the idea of a recharge, but it would have to be a long recharge as it can be used used excessively to the point where it's not fun (just bad trolling). If not a recharge, having 3 would be a good number because not everyone has the best aim and I've noticed the tazer doesn't always register it's target (unless I'm that shit).

Some great uses for the tazers:
    • Risky people with props
    • Explosive barrels
    • Stopping a gunfight to assess situation (maybe lol)
    • People of question trying to escape
    • People trying to commit suicide (xd)

+1

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Sha

Sha VIP

+2

• Like Like x 1
  9. Penius

Penius Aye man, you're shaking it all wrong VIP Bronze

+1

10. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

I don't like the taser in the first place since it's pretty much just a meme weapon. At least it doing damage stops people from tasing randomly cause they'll get slain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1