Make Survival Great Again!

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Carned, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

also @Carned mindcrack has no /home cause it's a small smp this is 50+ players that not all would welcome the server did perfectly fone as is (besides the crates of course)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

+1

3. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

By the time I got home, everyone was already fully decked out and people had stacks of diamonds, so it kind of bummed me out from trying out the server.

A very old server I used to play on and quite enjoyed solved the teleports/warps being overpowered by adding a cost to them; redstone.
    Since it was otherwise mostly unused apart for the odd project, they gave it a real value by making it the ''currency'' for all the teleports. People were actively selling/buying them (There was also a small store near spawn with high costs if you really needed it) I believe the cost for TPs was like 32 to /home or to go to warps, and 64 to TP to someone. Made things much less ridiculous on that side.
    Maybe a new system with costs, cooldowns or anything could be implemented to help with the issue.

EDIT: Note that there was also a ''cast time'' on TPs; you had to stand still for 10 seconds. Removed some of the in-combat TP bullshit.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Im part of Carned's group and most of what we have is due to @POP STAR and I buying PREMIUM CRATE KEYS.

Within the first maybe 2 hours we got 2, 2x2 crates of fully enchanted diamond armour sets and we had 200+ diamond as well.

See it started out as a normal run then we found the p2w crates, which have since been nerfed but are still stupid, you want full sets of enchanted gear and money to buy anything you want?, want over 500 bookshelves?, need xp but are too lazy to grind? pay for keys.

We also have enough shit to go to The End BUT you guys removed it and are making it a COMMUNITY PORTAL or some crap. like jfc just make it respawn 20 minutes after its last death, and have a bi-weekly leaderboard for first kill every 2 weeks.

As for /rtp and /home. THESE ARE ACTUALLY ABSURD. Ohh you're about to die to mobs /home, ohh you are looking for wood but decided to set your base in a desert biome np just /rtp until you find what you need. We are literally just building a base now and have nothing better to do because we have everything like we have 3-4 diamond sets for each person in the entire group which is like 10 maybe more people. TnT and Creepers have no explosion effect on blocks. We were going to hunt players and PvP but ya know if they claim it you can't do shit. And from what we've been told the only base raid shit will be something called /siege which the opposing person has to accept.

LIKE WTF here guys have some PvP but only if you both consent..... whatchu think this is a boxing match where we all sign contracts to bash each other for money but ONLY if we both agree of course...?
    Imagine games like OW, WoW were like that. Im going to stand on the objective and YOU CAN'T ATTACK ME BECAUSE I DON'T CONSENT.

Like reset the server please. Remove kits or make them less fucking OP.
    Cosmetics or like something not STUPID. like such.
    Elite - Full set of stone tools.
    Obsid - The same.
    Diamond - Stone pickaxe and sword.
    Emerald - Wooden set of tools.
    Iron - Wooden pick and sword.

Rearm the chests, compensate the people that bought keys with new keys FOR THE NEW NON BROKEN CHESTS. REMOVE MOST OF THE UPSTAIRS MARKET. Keep the Auction shit for in-game trading but dont make shit buyable off chests ONLY SELLABLE it makes the game have economy. Remove /home, im sure if you try hard enough you can make beds have like a respawn list sorta like the game Rust for the ranks that have multiple "homes" which adds value to the ranks for those who want multiple bases or be apart of multiple groups THIS MEANS THEY HAVE TO DIE AND LOSE THEIR SHIT! Keep /Rtp but its 2 per day or 1.

Like I was actually hype because we had a huge group and we were going to pretty much be on top at all time and when other people would try to beat us we'd fight back. FIGHTING IS WHAT WE WANT, SURVIVAL IS WHAT WE WANT.

Or just go with what Carned said ALSO fine ideas. But if you remove the crates I think anyone that bought keys deserves refunds.

PLEASE RESET. We will all just pretend this was a really bad PTR.

BF4 launch all over again.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Mr Butters

Not editing my post cause cbf BUT.

We probably have over 400 redstone or someshit already and we only mined for about an hour before realizing we dont need too.

6. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

Of course, but at a stack of Redstone per TP, it drains out really fast, especially for bigger groups. This was just an example; if it's kept as is, it could also cost $, whatever the in-game currency is, or just add other restrictions.
    Either way this is a small part of the problem, if people don't need to Mine in Minecraft because they're already too rich to need to after the server being up for less than a day, there's obviously bigger issues. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

Let me give my opinion on all of this.

In my opinion, the crates and the kits definitely need to be reworked, I mean, I dropped like 20$ and I have like 2 stacks of diamonds and almost 5 complete sets of Diamond armor, it really takes all the fun out of the game as well, I know it will probably drop in donation rates, but I think crates need to be dropped completely in favor of receiving cosmetic items only, or maybe we could stop having 4 crates and only have one that has like a 50-50 chance of getting something decent. Kits are also the same way, I wouldnt have much of a problem with it if there wasn't a whole diamond enchanted armor kit for Diamond+, The server is just really pay to win at this point, and I think we need to change something.

I somewhat support the /rtp system, However I think a cooldown would be beneficial, so you can't just randomly teleport around the map all day, I personally like the market, and I think that can stay, I dont see much of a problem with that, maybe limit some of the things that get sold there.

All in all, I really think we need to scrap the whole pay to win system we have in place right now if we are going to think long term for this server, I think if people feel like they are given everything right off the bat, they'll stop playing.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Paradox

I agree with all except removing the market and /home and I think that rtp needs a cooldown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mr Butters

So basically if someone buys a ton of premium keys and get the legendary 25k or the multiple other currency values in the chest and can buy anything they want you are ok with that?

and /home you just want 0 survival aspect in survival?? like ohh hey its night time and im lost 500000 blocks from home. lel /home bye.

10. Paradox

Crates have a high possibility of getting reworked and who knows money could be reset,

11. Paradox

Maybe make it a command you have to buy first and reset money and fix crates? It's still survival i's just saving time minimap waypoints are fne (Atleast I think) so what stops players from that.

12. Mr Butters

We want the whole server reset everyone has DIAMOND everything.

People that payed for keys are compensated with new keys for the new reworked boxes or refunded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Paradox

+1 for that then since we worked it out.

14. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Paradox

As well as if we need to reset the world I would use biomebundle instead of custom as it keeps villages adds structures and keeps end stuff though thats a suggestion for a later day.

16. Deathbyrussian

Deathbyrussian Creator of Worlds - http://imgur.com/a/LfHNY Emerald

We are currently discussing plans for changes, there will be a forum post about it some time today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Well, I was going to make a post on this as well but timezones :s

Everyone was really hyped for MC, over 60 people were spamming the join button for 15 minutes before the server finally went up. But the moment I first saw "just do /kits elite" it instantly ruined the survival bit. Everyone Elite+ spawned with full diamond gear, full diamond tools, and enough food for hours. I had already gotten iron tools by that point but there was no point in actually trying to mine iron 5 minutes into the game. Then there was the lockout on mining diamonds. I was a bit disappointed that I had to wait over 40 minutes to mine them when I had easily gotten them in under 5 minutes on practice survival worlds.

As for the OP crates, everyone else and Carned summed it up, instant economy destruction.

Also MobArena should reward you with some money at least, so people will want to play it for more than just fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Paradox

Also (sorry for multiple posts) I really do not want a chance to be raided so sieges needing to be accepted makes sense so maybe find a compramise just raiding to me isn't fun. Imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I couldnt agree with this suggestion more. The only thing I think should stay honestly is the land-claiming ability. Everything listed by Carned I agree with. A massive 1+

20. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

The problem with this is there are scammers, trolls, and problem makers.

There's a reason mindcrack is whitelisted.

/home is a need to be honest. Not everyone wants to play mindcrack.

Carned this is well thought of for a good experience, however, for a public server, this is horrible.

Remove the kits. They're dumb.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1