Make Knives insta kill via perk or normally on backstab

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Rico, Feb 9, 2021.

?

Make knives good

1. yes

61.3%
  2. I'm bad and dumb

38.7%
  1. Rico

Rico The Coolest Person! VIP Bronze

Knives on vanilla suck and there's no reason to use them. Make it so they insta kill on back so that they are actually useful.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. wubby

wubby balls Administrator VIP Bronze

mmmm add upgrade, auto one hit too op

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Rico

only on backstabs

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. waffle

waffle VIP

Two hit knives (assuming sgm does use two hit knives as I rarely ever use knives at all) are still extremely useful, if you can't use a two hit knife just don't use them.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. Hosi

Hosi Professional agent of chaos VIP

throw them or git gud

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Just play modded more lol.
    But FR I don't think it's all that much harder to stab someone twice. Adds a small bit of challenge to it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. slug

slug Bronze

I will vehemently disagree with any changes anyone suggests for the meta because as it stands the meta is absolutely perfect and the dev team over at SGM did an extremely good job. Bravo everyone, as for anyone who suggests any sort of balance changes, all of you have absolutely no right to be as entitled as you are and I WILL screenshot your posts and send them to my private Discord group chat (I am one of the most popular members) where we will all bicker and chuckle at the audacity you have.

• Funny x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. Id preffer it if it didnt deal just 50 damage on hit. Being able to kill people on say 65 hp should be good enough cause if you wanna use it as a 1 hit weapon and not end up losing 80 hp trying to stab the person twice they have to be at 50 or less and thats assuming karma doesnt lower the damage the knife deals. In most cases whered you use it like that on someone you might aswell just shoot them, though I guess this applies to most scenarios where a knife is viable so lol.

9. Rico

why would you throw them if you can throw harpoons.

two hit knives take almost a second to hit a second time and ak's are just faster on a sneak attack. This would make knives useful if you were sneaking up behind someone and in close quarters. Currently you could just use a harpoon or a high fire-rate gun and that would be more effective.

10. waffle

waffle VIP

I feel like that would just ruin the skill in being good with knives you can still miss a harpoon up close but you can't really dodge a close up knife unless you get really lucky with reg I can see why you don't like current knives but as I said just don't use them as there are many other useful weapons in a traitors arsenal. I guess insta kill on back doesn't seem as bad, but it still seems to easy.

11. Rico

You don’t need to dodge a knife you can hear them unsheathe it and light them up before they do anything. Even if they hit you, you still have time to kill them. Knives suck.

12. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

yer vanilla knifes suck I never buy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. my previous main TTT server had one hit knife, and i definitely do not miss it.
    one hit back stabs could be cool though

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

you still fall for it and die whenever I 2-hit knife you, of course you wouldn't want it to be 1-hit :rolleyes:

15. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Now, I don't think knives suck. You just need to damage someone first. It's not that hard. I can use knives well and I don't have the perk. That said, if we are to add backstab detection, can we actually add the dishonored shadow kill thing I mentioned yesterday? I think that'd be really cool.

[​IMG]

Here's a video for referenc
    e of what the shadow kill does.

• Like Like x 1